Allen Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Allens by their first name:
- --- Allen to Arlean Allen
- Arleaner Allen to Bozzie Allen
- Bp Allen to Cicro Allen
- Cidney Allen to Deirdri Allen
- Dejuan Allen to Eimar Allen
- Eina Allen to Farr Allen
- Farrah Allen to Griffin Allen
- Grikd Allen to Irasema Allen
- Irby Allen to Kate Allen
- Katelene Allen to Leonidus Allen
- Leonie Allen to Maggie Allen
- Magnola Allen to Millann Allen
- Millard Allen to Olyn Allen
- Olynn Allen to Readous Allen
- Reagan Allen to Senithea Allen
- Sennie Allen to Terrisa Allen
- Terry Allen to Vernice Allen
- Vernie Allen to Zipporiah Allen
- Zita Allen to Zylphia Allen
Most Common First Names
- William 3.1%
- John 2.9%
- James 2.9%
- Robert 2.1%
- Mary 2.0%
- Charles 1.7%
- George 1.6%
- Thomas 1.1%
- Richard 0.8%
- Joseph 0.8%
Allen Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Allen family.
- Marjorie Walls Walls Allen born 1181
- Unknown Allen born 1555
- Phebe Allen Hicks born 1557
- Alice Elizabeth Bradley Allen born 1603
- Ann Goodale Allen born 1623
- Mary Allen / Allen Toothacher born 1648
- Mary Alden Pratt Allen born 1670
- Abigail Allen Clapp born 1673
- Sarah Allen B. Wormell C1683, B. C1683 born 1683
- Mary French Allen born 1686
Allen Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 186,005 people with the last name Allen that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Allen family on AncientFaces.
We are related to an ex-slave: Richard Allen 1760-1831 through Mercy Briggs 1711-1775 wife of Peleg Card 1710-1784.
Richard Allen (1760-1831): Reverend, ex-slave
Richard Allen was an African American pastor and the founder of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. He was born as a slave to a colonial jurist. Relationship: 6th Cousin to William Peleg Card.
How accurate is this ?
One World Tree: “The Relationship Finder Tool is as accurate as the data we pull from One World Tree. The quality of each relationship shown is measured by stars (where 5 stars shows high probability of an accurate relationship.)"
None of those below are less that 4 out of 5 stars. #
It goes like this:
5th g grandmother of WmP Card 5th g grandmother of Richard Allen
Katherine Davis (1575-1619) [alt. Katherine Starkes (1605-1656)] ##
Joan Allen (1602-1639)***** Samuel Allen (1588-1648)****
Thomas Briggs (1633-1696)***** James Allen (1614-1676)****
Daniel Briggs (1655-1730)***** Joseph Allen(1652-1703)*****
Mercy Briggs (1711-1775)***** Jeremiah Allen (1690- ) *****
Peleg Card (1740-1777)***** William Allen (1712- )****
Peleg Card (1771-1831)**** Clifton Allen (1736- )****
William Peleg Card (1811-1878)**** Richard Allen (1760-1831)*****
(From William Peleg - Franklin William Card - Lela (Card) Bass-Raymond Franklin Bass-Raymond F. Bass ...Me)
Here's an interesting sidelight:
Unless President Barak Obama's mother's lineage shows African-Americans within it, none of the President's ancestors were slaves ...... but mine were.
Only in America.
What a country we have............and will always have.
Post Script. An additional and ironic element in this story is that Richard Allen married Sarah Bass......... rb
# As of this morning (19 January 2010), I have been able to connect the dots. It is most certainly accurate. rb
## I believe that it is Katherine Davis (1575-1619) that belongs at the top of the lineage shown and have adjusted accordingly. If not (this is called hedging) we already had Katherine Starkes in our tree in the same position in relation to Joan Allen. (I hadn't pursued Katherine's other children beyond Joan.) As you know, this is typical of the confusion over wives (often multiple) and dates from that long ago..... rb As an update, it seems possible that it may have been Katherine Starkes after all (this is hedging-2.) rb 09 Feb 2010