Latest photos on AncientFaces
No one from the Andechs community has shared photos. Here are new photos on AncientFaces:
Andechs Surname History
The family history of the Andechs last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to this genealogy of the Andechs:
- Andechs family history
- Andechs country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Andechs last name meaning & etymology
- Andechs spelling & pronunciation
- genealogy and family tree
Andechs Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Andechs country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Andechs country of origin. The following is speculative information about Andechs. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Andechs can be difficult to determine in cases which country boundaries change over time, leaving the nation of origin a mystery. The original ethnicity of Andechs may be difficult to determine based on whether the name came about organically and independently in various locales; for example, in the case of names that are based on professions, which can appear in multiple regions independently (such as the family name "Dean" which may have been adopted by members of the clergy).
Andechs Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Andechs meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Andechs. The following is speculative information about Andechs. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Andechs come may come from a trade, such as the name "Miller" which referred to the profession of working in a mill. Some of these profession-based last names may be a profession in some other language. For this reason it is useful to research the country of origin of a name, and the languages used by its family members. Many modern names like Andechs are inspired by religious texts such as the Quran, the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, and so on. Often these family names are shortened versions of a religious phrase such as "Worthy of praise".
Andechs Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Andechs spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Andechs. The following is speculative information about Andechs. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Understanding misspellings and spelling variations of the Andechs surname are important to understanding the etymology of the name. In early history when few people could write, names such as Andechs were transliterated based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were written in court, church, and government records. This could have resulted in misspellings of Andechs. Names like Andechs change in how they're spelled as they travel across villages, family lines, and eras across time.
Last names similar to AndechsAndechser Hof, Andeck, Andeckslinger, Andecochea, Andecover, Andecy, Anded, Andedal, Andedone, Andedren, Andedron, Andee, Andeeassen, Andeek, Andeeko, Andeel, Andeen, Andeenn, Andeer, Andeersen
Andechs Family Tree
Here are a few of the Andechs genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Andechses
- Berthold Iv Graf Von Andechs Herzog Von Meranien 1159 - 1204
- Saint Jadwiga De Andechs Ou De Andechs-Meranien Silésia 1176 - 1243
- Otto I Von Andechs-Meranien, I 1170 - 1234
- Beatrice Ii Countess Von Andechs-Merano Hohenstaufen (De) Ii, Ii 1191 - 1231
- Otto Von Andechs-Meranien Ii, Ii 1228 - 1248
- Kunigunde Von Andechs Andechs-Meranien 1143 - 1207
- Berthold Iii Von Andechs Markgraf Von Andechs (D') Istrien-Krain, Markgraf 1115 - 1188
- Berthold Ii Graf Von 1070-1151 Andechs, Graf 1070 - 1151
- Sophie Von Istrien Gräfin Von Weimar (De) Andechs 1085 - 1128
- Poppo I Von Andechs+Giech+Plassenburg Andechs+Giech+Plassenburg Count, Count 1115 - 1148