Askanier Family History
Askanier Surname History
This Askanier research page contains the contributed history of the Askanier last name made up of user-submitted content from other AncientFaces users. Askanier family history has a complex evolution whose details have been accumulated over the years by Askanier family researchers. The last name Askanier is an old heredity that has migrated all across the world over time, and as the name Askanier has migrated, it has changed making its origin challenging to piece together.
No content has been submitted here about Askanier. The following is speculative information about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The evolution of Askanier begins with it's early ancestors. Even in the earliest days of a name there have been different spellings of that name simply because family names were infrequently written down back when few people could write.
It was common for a last name to change as it enters a new country or language. As these families moved between countries, the Askanier name may have changed with them. Askanier families have moved around the world all throughout history.
Askanier country of origin
No content has been submitted about the Askanier country of origin. The following is speculative information about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Askanier is often difficult to determine because country boundaries change over time, leaving the nation of origin a mystery. The original ethnicity of Askanier may be in dispute based on whether the surname came about naturally and independently in multiple locales; e.g. in the case of family names that come from professions, which can come into being in multiple regions independently (such as the last name "Clark" which evolved from the profession of "clerk").
Meaning of the last name Askanier
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Askanier. The following is speculative information about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Askanier come may come from a craft, such as the name "Fisher" which was given to fishermen. A lot of these profession-based last names might be a profession in some other language. For this reason it is useful to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages spoken by its family members. Many modern names like Askanier originate from religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, the Bible, and so forth. In many cases these surnames relate to a religious phrase such as "Lamb of God".
- Friedrich Prinz Von Askanier Anhalt-Bernburg 1801 - 1801
- Bernhard Anhalt-Bernburg Askanier Fürst, Fürst 1328 - 1354
- Magnus Ii Herzog Von Askanier Sachsen-Lauenburg 1543 - 1603
- Friedrich Prinz Von Askanier Anhalt-Dessau 1769 - 1814
- Rudolf I Herzog Und Kurfürst Von Askanier Sachsen 1284 - 1356
- Joachim Ernst Von Anhalt-Zerbst Askanier Fürst, Fürst 1536 - 1586
- Duke Rudolf Iii Of Askanier Saxony, Herzog 1367 - 1419
- Friedrich Ii Herzog Von Askanier Anhalt-Dessau 1856 - 1918
- Johann V Von Askanier Sachsen-Lauenburg-ratzeburg, Herzog
- Frantz Von Askanier Sachsen-Lauenburg, Herzog 1510 - 1581
- Leopold Iv Herzog Von Anhalt-Dessau Herzog Zu Askanier Anhalt, Herzog zu Anhalt 1794 - 1871
- Katharina Prinzessin Von Askanier Anhalt-Bernburg 1796 - 1796
- Julius Heinrich Von Sachsen-Lauenburg-ratzeburg Askanier Herzog, Herzog 1586 - 1665
- Alexander Karl Herzog Zu Askanier Anhalt-Bernburg 1805 - 1863
- Heinrich I Von Sachsen Fürst Zu Askanier Anhalt, Fürst zu Anhalt
- Leopold Iii/i Von Anhalt-Dessau Fürst Und Askanier Herzog, Fürst und Herzog 1740 - 1817
- Alexis Friedrich Herzog Von Askanier Anhalt-Bernburg 1767 - 1834
- Friederich August Prinz Von Askanier Anhalt-Dessau
Askanier Family Tree
Famous people named Askanier
No famous people named Askanier have been submitted. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Askanier
No content has been submitted about the ethnicity of Askanier. The following is speculative information about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
We do not have a record of the primary ethnicity of the name Askanier. Many surnames travel around the world throughout the ages, making their original nationality and ethnicity difficult to trace.
More about the name Askanier
Fun facts about the Askanier family
We have no fun facts about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Askanier spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Askanier. The following is speculative information about Askanier. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In early history when few people could write, names such as Askanier were transcribed based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were recorded in official records. This could have given rise misspellings of Askanier. Understanding misspellings and spelling variations of the Askanier last name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name. Last names like Askanier change in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across villages, family unions, and eras over time.