Av Surname History
The family history of the Av last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Av:
- Av family history
- Av country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Av last name meaning & etymology
- Av spelling & pronunciation
Latest photos on AncientFaces
No one from the Av community has shared photos. Here are new photos on AncientFaces:
Av Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Av country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Av country of origin. The following is speculative information about Av. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Av is often very difficult to determine in cases which countries change over time, leaving the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Av may be in dispute depending on whether the family name came about naturally and independently in multiple locales; for example, in the case of family names that come from a profession, which can come into being in multiple regions independently (such as the family name "Dean" which may have been adopted by members of the clergy).
Av Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Av meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Av. The following is speculative information about Av. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Av come may come from a craft, such as the name "Gardener" which was given to people of that profession. Some of these trade-based surnames can be a profession in some other language. Because of this it is important to research the ethnicity of a name, and the languages spoken by its ancestors. Many modern names like Av come from religious texts such as the Quran, the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, and so on. In many cases these family names relate to a religious phrase such as "Favored of God".
Av Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Av spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Av. The following is speculative information about Av. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Knowing misspellings and alternate spellings of the Av family name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name. In early history when few people could write, names such as Av were written down based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in official records. This could have resulted in misspellings of Av. Surnames like Av change in how they're spelled as they travel across communities, family unions, and countries across time.
Last names similar to AvAva, Avaatsmark, Avabatzis, Avabbaday, Avabecker, Av Abenberg, Av Abensberg Hohenzollern, Avabrullo, Avaca, Avaca Bengolea, Avacato, Avaccadecyday, Avaccio, Avach, Avachi, Avacifowski, Avacillas, Avacipowski, Avackian, Avacoff
Av Family Tree
Here are a few of the Av biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Avs
- Inge Stenkilsson D.ä. Av Sweden Sverige, d.ä. av Sverige 1055 - 1110
- Håkon Eiriksson Ladejarl Konge Av Eiriksson Norge, Ladejarl, Konge av Norge 998 - 1030
- Håkon Iii. Sverresson Av Norge, Konge af Norge 1180 - 1204
- Kong Frederik I Oldenburg Av Schleswig-Holstein, Oldenburg Danmark, Konge af Danmark og Norge 1471 - 1533
- Drottning Victoria Av Sverige Av Prinsess Baden) 1862 - 1930
- Kung Gustaf V Av Sverige 1858 - 1950
- Prins Gustaf Adolf Sveriges Arvfurste Hertig Av Västerbotten 1906 - 1947
- Gustaf Hertig Av Uppland 1827 - 1852
- Eugénie Prinsessa Av Bernadotte Sverige 1830 - 1889
- Adolf Fredrik Von Holstein-Gottorp Kung Av Oldenburg Sverige, Kung av Sverige 1710 - 1771