Avancena Family History & Genealogy
Avancena family photos, ancestor biographies, and history created by you and the AncientFaces community.
Latest photos on AncientFaces
No one from the Avancena community has shared photos. Here are new photos on AncientFaces:
Avancena Surname History
Ramon Avancena was a notable member of the Avancena family in the Phlippines. Did the Avancena family originate in the Philippines? What is the meaning of the surname Avancena? What is the ethnicity of this family? Unfortunately, no one from the family has yet shared this information. If you know more about the Avancena family, please share your knowledge now.
Add to this page! This history of the Avancena last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. We do not have content for the following sections:
- Avancena country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Avancena last name meaning & etymology
- Avancena spelling & pronunciation
Click here to edit this page.
Avancena Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Avancena country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Avancena country of origin. The following is speculative information about Avancena. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Avancena is often very difficult to determine in cases which regional boundaries change over time, leaving the original nationality indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Avancena may be in dispute depending on whether the family name came in to being organically and independently in various locales; e.g. in the case of names that come from a craft, which can come into being in multiple regions independently (such as the last name "Fisher" which was given to fishermen).
Avancena Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Avancena meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Avancena. The following is speculative information about Avancena. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Avancena come may come from a trade, such as the name "Brewster" which refers to a female brewer. Some of these trade-based surnames can be a profession in another language. For this reason it is important to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages spoken by its progenitors. Many modern names like Avancena are inspired by religious texts such as the Bible, the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, and so on. Commonly these names relate to a religious expression such as "Favored of God".
Avancena Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Avancena spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Avancena. The following is speculative information about Avancena. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Surnames like Avancena change in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across villages, family unions, and countries over generations. In early history when few people could write, names such as Avancena were transliterated based on how they sounded when people's names were written in government records. This could have led to misspellings of Avancena. Researching misspellings and spelling variations of the Avancena name are important to understanding the etymology of the name.
Last names similar to AvancenaAvanche, Avancheres, Avanchies, Avanchini, Avanci, Avancian, Avancina, Avancine, Avancing, Avancini, Avancino, Avancio, Avanclet, Avanco, Avancon, Avancy, Avanda, Avandag, Avandale, Av Andechs
Avancena Family Tree
Here are a few of the Avancena biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Avancenas
- Gladys Avancena 1907 - 1970
- Mariano M Avancena 1942 - 2006
- Jacqueline L Avancena 1941 - 2007
- Barbara G Avancena 1929 - 2002
- Michael Avancena 1943 - 1994
- Edwardo Avancena 1900 - 1973
- Leonisa J Avancena 1922 - 2003
- Marcela S Avancena 1932 - 2009
- Michael C Avancena 1961 - 2005
- Frances Avancena 1920 - 1971
Famous People named Avancena
Famous members of the Avancena family:
- Ramón Avanceña (April 13, 1872 - June 12, 1957) was a Chief Justice of the Philippines. He served from 1925-1941, when he resigned during the nearing of the Japanese Occupation. Ramón Avanceña served as a legal adviser to the Revolutionary government of Iloilo, Capiz and Antique, and was chosen to negotiate with the American forces in Panay during the final days of the Philippine Revolution. During the American rule, he was appointed as assistant attorney in the Bureau of Justice and he was promoted to auxiliary judge in 1905. He was attorney-general from 1914 to 1917, when he was appointed to the Supreme Court as an Associate Justice. Upon the death of Manuel Araullo in 1924, he succeeded as Chief Justice, but he had to wait until 1925 to be formally appointed. He was supposed to join Quezon in exile during the onset of the Japanese Occupation, but worried that he would not be together with his family, he decided to stay put. His sons, José and Alberto and Jesús, became practicing attorneys. The Ramon Avanceña High School in Manila and Iloilo are named after him.