Latest Bernadotte photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Bernadotte community on AncientFaces.
Bernadotte Surname History
The family history of the Bernadotte last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to this genealogy of the Bernadotte:
- Bernadotte family history
- Bernadotte country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Bernadotte last name meaning & etymology
- Bernadotte spelling & pronunciation
- genealogy and family tree
Bernadotte Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Bernadotte country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Bernadotte country of origin. The following is speculative information about Bernadotte. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Bernadotte is often very difficult to determine in cases which countries change over time, making the original nationality indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Bernadotte may be in dispute based on whether the name originated organically and independently in various locales; e.g. in the case of surnames that are based on a profession, which can crop up in multiple regions independently (such as the name "Bishop" which may have been taken by church officials).
Bernadotte Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Bernadotte meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Bernadotte. The following is speculative information about Bernadotte. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Bernadotte come may come from a craft, such as the name "Brewster" which refers to a female brewer. Some of these craft-based last names may be a profession in a different language. This is why it is good to know the nationality of a name, and the languages used by its ancestors. Many names like Bernadotte are inspired by religious texts like the Bible, the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, and so forth. Commonly these names are shortened versions of a religious expression such as "Grace of God".
Bernadotte Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Bernadotte spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Bernadotte. The following is speculative information about Bernadotte. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Names like Bernadotte change in how they're said and written as they travel across villages, family unions, and countries over generations. In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as Bernadotte were transliterated based on how they sounded when people's names were recorded in government records. This could have led to misspellings of Bernadotte. Knowing spelling variations and alternate spellings of the Bernadotte name are important to understanding the history of the name.
Last names similar to BernadotteBernadotte af Wisborg, Bernadotte af Wissborg, Bernadotte av Sverige, Bernadotte av Sverige och Norge, Bernadotti, Bernadou, Bernadoune, Bernadou Rescal, Bernadoux, Bernadov, Bernadow, Bernadowicz, Bernadowitz, Bernadowski, Bernadoy, Bernadoye, Bernadro, Bernads, Bernàd-Sadighi, Bernadska
Bernadotte Family Tree
Here are a few of the Bernadotte genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Bernadottes
- Carl Xvi Gustaf Folke Hubertus Bernadotte, Kung Av Sverige born 1946
- Victoria Crown Princess of Bernadotte Sweden, Kronprinsessa Av Sverige born 1977
- Carl Philip Edmund Bertil Bernadotte, Prins Av Sverige born 1979
- Princess Madeleine Duchess of Hälsingland and Bernadotte Gästrikland, Prinsessa Av Sverige born 1982
- Lennart Bernadotte Greve Af Bernadotte Wisborg 1909 - 2004
- Karin Bernadotte Grevinna Af Nissvandt Wisborg 1911 - 1991
- Birgitta Bernadotte Straehl Grevinna Af Bernadotte Af Wisborg Wisborg born 1933
- Lisen Kautz Grevinna Af Bernadott Wisborg) 1935 - 1988
- Carl Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Christian Bernadotte 1911 - 2003
- Madeleine Kogevinas Bernadotte Von Rosen Countess, Countess born 1938