Castro Family History
Castro Surname History
This page is a hub for the complete history of the Castro surname, Castro etymology, and stories of Castro family members. Castro family history has a rich and complex origin whose details can be pieced together by Castro family members. The Castro family is an old lineage that has migrated all across the world over the centuries, and as the name Castro has migrated, it has changed making its origin challenging to unearth.
I was told that the name Castro comes from Gaul. Galacian. We are the Celt before the Celts.
Castro country of origin
Spain. The coat of arms has six suns. We helped the monarchy keep the peace (if I recall correctly).
Meaning of the last name Castro
Castro means, "Fortified Village"
- Inés De de Castro Castro, Rainha Póstuma de Portugal 1325 - 1355
- D. Fernando De Castro Osório
- Aldonza Ruíz De Castro 1140 - 1207
- Teresa Pérez De Castro
- Fernando Bermúdez De Castro 1481 - 1509
- Fernán Gutiérrez De Gutierrez de Castro Castro 1180 - 1233
- Urraca Muñoz De Temes Y Castro
- Eylo PÃ©rez de Castro
- Fernão Perez De Castro
- Pedro Videla Castro Iº, Iº
- D. Afonso De Castro Osório 1442 - 1467
- Juana De Castro L Desamada) ? - 1374
- Rodrigo Fernandez De Castro O Castro Calvo 1110 - 1142
- Pedro Castro De castro hinestrosa 1475 - ?
- Martín Lopez De Haro Y Ruiz De Castro 1170 - 1174
- Fernão Perez De Castro
- Sancha Gutiérrez (ruiz) De Maria Castro 1190 - ?
- Teresa Fernández De Fernández de Castro Castro
- Elena Enríquez De Cisneros Y Vaca De Castro
- Fernão De De Castro Castro
Castro Family Tree
Famous people named Castro
No famous people named Castro have been submitted. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Castro
No content has been submitted about the ethnicity of Castro. The following is speculative information about Castro. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
We do not have a record of the primary ethnicity of the name Castro. Many surnames travel around the world throughout the ages, making their original nationality and ethnicity difficult to trace.
More about the name Castro
Fun facts about the Castro family
We have no fun facts about Castro. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Castro spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Castro. The following is speculative information about Castro. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Castro were transliterated based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were recorded in government records. This could have given rise misspellings of Castro. Knowing misspellings and spelling variations of the Castro last name are important to understanding the history of the name. Names like Castro change in their pronunciation and spelling as they travel across tribes, family lines, and languages over the years.