Cazneau Family History
Cazneau Surname History
The earliest Cazneau family member on record (so far) is Paix de Cazneau or Cassaneau. The family has French roots but the meaning of the name Cazneau in Romanian is "tried harder." Some other spellings of Cazneau are Cazneaux, Casno, Casnau, Cassaneau and Casneau. If you know more about this family than has been entered here by other family members, please add it to this page.
All known Cazneau family members can be traced back to Paix de Cazneau or Cassaneau. He was a French Huguenot who came to Boston, Massachusetts from France about the year 1686. Some family members have added an X to the end of the name making it Cazneaux. One example of this was Harold Cazneaux of Australia, artistic photographer. There are Cazneau streets around the world in such places as England, California, Texas and Australia.
Cazneau country of origin
The Cazneau family is from France. There have been many variations of the surname Cazneau and some of them are Cazneaux, Casno, Casnau, Cousins, and Cassaneau but all of them are of French origin.
Meaning of the last name Cazneau
In the Romanian language, the name Cazneau is a word in lower case "cazneau". Therefore in Romanian the word " cazneau " means " tried harder ". This was a translation provided by the Romanian Embassy.
- Eileen Cazneau 1907 - 1979
- Michael W. Cazneau 1957 - 2009
- Robert L Cazneau 1919 - 1999
- Margaret Cazneau 1733 - 1820
- Michael W Cazneau 1957 - 2009
- Dee Cazneau 1924 - 1994
- Vern Cazneau 1885 - 1969
- Delores M Cazneau 1924 - 1994
- A J Cazneau 1907 - 1988
- Milton Cazneau 1904 - 1972
- Helene M Cazneau 1948 - 2002
- Mildred Cazneau 1909 - 1986
- Helen J Cazneau 1910 - 1998
- Rose Cazneau 1903 - 1993
- Josephine Cazneau 1877 - 1973
- John M Cazneau 1927 - 2002
- Helene Cazneau 1948 - 2002
- Vern Cazneau 1885 - 1969
Cazneau Family Tree
Famous people named Cazneau
Some famous people named Cazneau were:
- Jane McManus Cazneau ( 1807-1878 ) of Texas ref; Notable American Women.
- General William Leslie Cazneau ( 1807-1876 ) of Texas.
- General Thomas N. Cazneau ( 1812-1873 ) of California.
- Stanley M. Cazneaux ( 1933 - 2011 ) The Grand Master of The California Masons 1991.
- Harold Cazneaux ( 1878 - 1953 ). Australian artistic photographer.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Cazneau
Cazneau is a French last name.
More about the name Cazneau
Fun facts about the Cazneau family
There were 3 generations of Cazneau's that worked in the Movie Business in Hollywood, California. They started in the year 1913 and worked until about 1985.
Cazneau spelling variations
Some other spellings of Cazneau are Cazneaux, Cazeneau, Casno, Casnau, Cassaneau and Casneau.