Dunsavage Family History
Dunsavage Surname History
One branch of the Dunsavage family emigrated from Poland in the 19th century. (See "fun facts" near the bottom of this page for more information on this branch.) This Dunsavage research page contains the accumulated history of the Dunsavage family name made up of user-uploaded content from other AncientFaces users. Dunsavage family history has rich origins of which the particulars have been accumulated over the years by Dunsavage family members. The Dunsavage family name is an old heredity that has migrated all across the world over the centuries, and as the Dunsavage family has migrated, it has changed making it's history difficult to unearth.
No content has been submitted here about Dunsavage. The following is speculative information about Dunsavage. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The evolution of Dunsavage starts with the origins of thelast name. Even in the early generations of a name there have been variations in that single name purely because surnames were infrequently written down that long ago.
It was commonplace for a family name to change as it enters a new country or language. As these families emigrated between countries, the Dunsavage name may have changed with them. Dunsavage ancestors have travelled across various regions all throughout history.
Dunsavage country of origin
The country of origin for the Dunsavage family and surname have not yet been shared here although it is known that one branch of the Dunsavage family emigrated from Poland (see "fun facts" below) at around the turn of the 19th/20th century.
Meaning of the last name Dunsavage
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Dunsavage. The following is speculative information about Dunsavage. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Dunsavage come may come from a profession, such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers. Some of these profession-based last names may be a profession in some other language. This is why it is important to research the country of origin of a name, and the languages used by its ancestors. Many modern names like Dunsavage are inspired by religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, the Bible, and so on. Commonly these names are shortened versions of a religious expression such as "Worthy of praise".
- Edward P Dunsavage 1928 - 1995
- Regis Dunsavage 1917 - 1975
- Harold Dunsavage 1922 - 1987
- Mary Dunsavage 1958 - 1987
- D Dunsavage 1960 - 1996
- David F Dunsavage 1956 - 1993
- Victoria Dunsavage 1900 - 1980
- Mary A Dunsavage 1937 - 2002
- Bertha Dunsavage 1920 - 1977
- Phyllis Dunsavage 1930 - 1967
- Mary Dunsavage 1920 - 2005
- Leonard Dunsavage 1915 - 1976
- Cora Dunsavage 1915 - 1981
- Mildred Dunsavage 1927 - 2010
- Edward Dunsavage 1910 - 1976
- Stella Dunsavage 1904 - 1988
- Marion M Dunsavage 1934 - 2000
- Irene M Dunsavage 1928 - 1999
- Raymond Dunsavage 1920 - 1963
- Andrew Dunsavage 1887 - 1975
Dunsavage Family Tree
Famous people named Dunsavage
No famous people named Dunsavage have been submitted. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Dunsavage
No content has been submitted about the ethnicity of Dunsavage. The following is speculative information about Dunsavage. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
We do not have a record of the primary ethnicity of the name Dunsavage. Many surnames travel around the world throughout the ages, making their original nationality and ethnicity difficult to trace.
More about the name Dunsavage
Fun facts about the Dunsavage family
- The Dunsavage family of Tamaqua Pennylvania consisted of their father Joseph Dunsavage who claimed to be from Warsaw Poland and the mother Mary Nolas Dunsavage who was from Vilna, Lithuania. They settled eventually in Tamaqua and the father Joseph owned a tavern. Their sons were: Joseph Dunsavage, Edward Dunsavage, Leonard Dunsavage, (who was my father), Harold Dunsavage, Lee Dunsavage, Ray Dunsavage, and William Dunsavage. Most of the sons worked in the local coal mines. During WW2 Edward Dunsavage served in North Africa. William Dunsavage was in the Merchant Marines. Leonard was exempt because he had lost fingers in an accident.After the war the brothers all came to New Jersey for work, with the exception of Joe who was the eldest and William who died of cancer near the end of the war
Dunsavage spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Dunsavage. The following is speculative information about Dunsavage. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In early history when few people could write, names such as Dunsavage were transliterated based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in public records. This could have led to misspellings of Dunsavage. Understanding misspellings and spelling variations of the Dunsavage name are important to understanding the history of the name. Family names like Dunsavage vary in how they're written as they travel across tribes, family lines, and eras over generations.