Eckhardt Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Eckhardt Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Eckhardt family.
- Christopher Eckhardt born 1821
- Catherine Eckhardt born 1821
- Peter Eckhardt born 1855
- Anna Helene Wilhelmine Eckhardt born 1861
- Ethel Maude Marion Eckhardt born 1884
- Charles Eckhardt born 1884
- Louis Eckhardt born 1889
- Henry Eckhardt born 1891
- Frederick Peter Eckhardt born 1892
- William Eckhardt born 1893
Eckhardt Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 2,268 people with the last name Eckhardt that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Eckhardt family on AncientFaces.
- Minnie K Eckhardt lived 106 years
- Rosa D Eckhardt lived 103 years
- Louise Eckhardt lived 103 years
- Wilfred Emmanuel Eckhardt lived 102 years
- Clara B Eckhardt lived 100 years
- Ernest Eckhardt lived 101 years
- Laura Eckhardt lived 100 years
- Clifford v Eckhardt lived 100 years
- Louis Eckhardt lived 98 years
- Helen P Eckhardt lived 98 years
Shreveport, Louisiana as far as I know. They were kin to the Flowers and Bickhams.
My grandmother was Louie Meade Monkhouse Oden (nee Robert H. Oden). She was born in Shreveport, Caddo Parish, Louisiana June 4, 1895. When she was about 5, her mother, Martha Karlena Eckhardt, had a child, Raymon. She did not die in childbirth per se, but did die about 6 months later, presumably, they were told, as a result of complications of child birth with Raymon. "Mama Lena" as she was called had 5 children: Dennis Monkhouse, @ 13;
Marguerite, @ 10; Louie Meade, age 5; Leona Ellizabeth Monkhouse, age 4; and baby Raymon,
6 months. After her death, her husband hired Mama Lena's cousin, Hannah Elizabeth Flowers.
The children called her Cully. Namesly as they could not say cousin. Cully died 6 months
after my grandmother married Robert Oden, March 1913.
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ECKHARDT SIDE OF THE FAMILY.
Martha Karlena Eckhardt or Hannah Elizabeth Flower had a step - father that was called
Grandpa "gray-beard" Vandivere or Vandiveer. He was a "yankee" as the children said
they would always try to raise his shirt when he was sleeping to see if he had a BLUE
BELLY, as he was referred to as "A BLUE BELLIED YANKEE".
ANY HELP, MY PERSONAL E-MAIL IS: