Hanover Surname History
The family history of the Hanover last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Hanover:
- Hanover family history
- Hanover country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Hanover last name meaning & etymology
- Hanover spelling & pronunciation
Latest Hanover photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Hanover community on AncientFaces.
Hanover Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Hanover country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Hanover country of origin. The following is speculative information about Hanover. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Hanover can be difficult to determine because regional boundaries change over time, making the nation of origin indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Hanover may be in dispute depending on whether the name came in to being naturally and independently in different locales; for example, in the case of surnames that come from a profession, which can appear in multiple regions independently (such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers).
Hanover Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Hanover meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Hanover. The following is speculative information about Hanover. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Hanover come may come from a craft, such as the name "Dean" which may have been adopted by members of the clergy. Some of these profession-based surnames may be a profession in another language. This is why it is important to understand the nationality of a name, and the languages spoken by its ancestors. Many names like Hanover are inspired by religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, the Bible, and so on. Often these names are shortened versions of a religious sentiment such as "Worthy of praise".
Hanover Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Hanover spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Hanover. The following is speculative information about Hanover. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as Hanover were transliterated based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were written in official records. This could have led to misspellings of Hanover. Researching misspellings and alternate spellings of the Hanover last name are important to understanding the history of the name. Family names like Hanover change in their pronunciation and spelling as they travel across tribes, family lines, and eras over the years.
Last names similar to HanoverHanover V, Hanovic, Hanovice, Hanovich, Hanovick, Hanoville, Hanovitz, Hanovn, Hanovre, Hanovs, Hanovsek, Hanovsky, Hanow, Hanowas, Hanoway, Hanowell, Hanowen, Hanower, Hanowerger, Hanowerk
Hanover Family Tree
Here are a few of the Hanover biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Hanovers
- Ernst August Prinz Von Hannover Hanover Vi, VI 1983 - present
- Anne Of Great Britan Prinses Van Guelph Oranje-Nassau, Princess Royal and Prinses van Oranje 1709 - 1759
- Princess Mary Of Great Hanover, Welf Britain, LandgrÃ¤fin zu Hessen-Kassel 1723 - 1772
- Louisa Of Hanover Princess Great Britain And Hanover Hanover, Princess Great Britain and Hanover 1749 - 1768
- Princess Augusta Of Hanover, Guelph Cambridge, GroÃherzogin zu Mecklenburg-Strelitz 1822 - 1916
- Charlotte Augusta Louisa Hanover 1819 - 1819
- Elizabeth Georgiana Adelaide Hanover 1820 - 1821
- Stillborn Son Of England Hanover Prince, Prince 1822 - 1822
- Friederike Freifrau Von Hanover Pawel-Rammingen 1848 - 1926
- Heinrich Julius Hanover 1961 - present