Latest Herzog photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Herzog community on AncientFaces.
Herzog Surname History
The family history of the Herzog last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Herzog:
- Herzog family history
- Herzog country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Herzog last name meaning & etymology
- Herzog spelling & pronunciation
Herzog Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Herzog country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Herzog country of origin. The following is speculative information about Herzog. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Herzog can be difficult to determine because country boundaries change over time, leaving the original nationality indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Herzog may be in dispute depending on whether the name came about organically and independently in different locales; e.g. in the case of surnames that are based on a professional trade, which can appear in multiple countries independently (such as the last name "Gardener" which was given to people of that profession).
Herzog Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Herzog meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Herzog. The following is speculative information about Herzog. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Herzog come may come from a profession, such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers. Some of these trade-based surnames may be a profession in some other language. For this reason it is good to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages used by its early ancestors. Many names like Herzog originate from religious texts like the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, the Bible, etc. Often these surnames are shortened versions of a religious phrase such as "Favored of God".
Herzog Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Herzog spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Herzog. The following is speculative information about Herzog. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as Herzog were transcribed based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in court, church, and government records. This could have given rise misspellings of Herzog. Understanding spelling variations and alternate spellings of the Herzog family name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name. Family names like Herzog vary in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across tribes, family lines, and eras over time.
Last names similar to HerzogHerzog achim, Herzog-akademie, Herzog-akayan, Herzog-albicker, Herzog-albrecht, Herzog-angiocchi, Herzog-apitius, Herzog-appel, Herzog-avsar, Herzog-bartl, Herzog-bastian, Herzog-battenberg, Herzog-becker, Herzog-beer, Herzog-behrens, Herzog-bergholz, Herzog-berners, Herzog-block, Herzog-bolz, Herzog-bouderka
Herzog Family Tree
Here are a few of the Herzog biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Herzogs
- Franz Herzog Von Sachsen-Coburg-saalfeld 1750 - 1806
- Wilhelm V Von Braunschweig-Lüneburg Welf Herzog, Herzog 1535 - 1592
- Kirill Friedrich-August Herzog Von Oldenburg 2002 - present
- Duke George Of Holstein-Gottorp, Oldenburg Oldenburg 1784 - 1812
- Duke Peter Of Schleswig-Holstein Oldenburg 1812 - 1881
- Wenceslas I Duke Of Saxe-Wittenberg Herzog Von Sachsen-wittenberg Kurfürst Zu Sachsen-Wittenberg, Kurfürst zu Sachsen-Wittenberg 1337 - 1388
- Hermann Herzog Zu Sachsen-Weimar Sachsen-Weimar-eisenach 1825 - 1901
- Heinrich Iii Herzog Von Sachsen Markgraf In von Northeim Friesland, Markgraf in Friesland 1055 - 1101
- Ernst Günther Von Schleswig-Holstein-sonderburg-augustenburg Herzog, Herzog 1863 - 1921
- Julius Von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel Herzog, Herzog 1528 - 1589