Latest Hessen photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Hessen community on AncientFaces.
Hessen Surname History
The family history of the Hessen last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Hessen:
- Hessen family history
- Hessen country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Hessen last name meaning & etymology
- Hessen spelling & pronunciation
Hessen Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Hessen country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Hessen country of origin. The following is speculative information about Hessen. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Hessen is often very difficult to determine in cases which country boundaries change over time, making the nation of origin indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Hessen may be difficult to determine depending on whether the surname came in to being organically and independently in different locales; e.g. in the case of last names that come from a craft, which can crop up in multiple regions independently (such as the family name "Fisher" which was given to fishermen).
Hessen Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Hessen meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Hessen. The following is speculative information about Hessen. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Hessen come may come from a trade, such as the name "Bishop" which may have been taken by church officials. Some of these craft-based surnames might be a profession in another language. For this reason it is important to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages spoken by its progenitors. Many western names like Hessen originate from religious texts like the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, the Bible, etc. In many cases these family names relate to a religious expression such as "Lamb of God".
Hessen Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Hessen spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Hessen. The following is speculative information about Hessen. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Hessen were transcribed based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were written in public records. This could have resulted in misspellings of Hessen. Understanding spelling variations and alternate spellings of the Hessen surname are important to understanding the possible origins of the name. Surnames like Hessen change in how they're spelled as they travel across villages, family unions, and countries across time.
Last names similar to HessenHeßen, Hessenach, Hessenacker, Hessenaner, Hessenauer, Heßenauer, Hessenaur, Hessenaver, Hessenbach, Hessenbar, Hessenbarger, Hessenbeck, Hessenber, Hessenberck, Hessenberg, Hessenberge, Hessenberger, Hessenberger-rieger, Hessenbroek, Hessenbruch
Hessen Family Tree
Here are a few of the Hessen biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Hessens
- Marie Of Hesse-Kassel Queen Consort Of Denmark And Hessen-Kassel Norway, Dronning til Danmark og Norge 1767 - 1852
- Elisabeth Von Hessen Und Bei Rhein Hessen-Darmstadt Prinzessin, Prinzessin 1895 - 1903
- Prince Karl Of Hessen-Kassel Hesse 1937 - ?
- Prince Rainer Of Hessen Hesse 1939 - ?
- Karoline Amalie Herzogin Zu Hessen-Kassel Sachsen-Gotha-altenburg 1771 - 1848
- Georg Iii Von Hessen-Lauterbach In Itter Hessen-Darmstadt Landgraf, Landgraf 1632 - ?
- Landgravine Amalie Of Hessen-Darmstadt Hesse-Darmstadt, MarkgrÃ¤fin und Erbprinzessin zu Baden 1754 - 1832
- Karl Von Hessen-Kassel Landgraf, Landgraf 1718 - 1719
- Wilhelm Von Hessen-Kassel Lothringen-Brabant Prinz, Prinz 1741 - 1742
- Marie Friederike Herzogin Zu Hessen-Kassel, Lothringen Brabant Anhalt-Bernburg 1768 - 1839