Hohenzollern Surname History
The family history of the Hohenzollern last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Hohenzollern:
- Hohenzollern family history
- Hohenzollern country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Hohenzollern last name meaning & etymology
- Hohenzollern spelling & pronunciation
Latest Hohenzollern photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Hohenzollern community on AncientFaces.
Hohenzollern Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Hohenzollern country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Hohenzollern country of origin. The following is speculative information about Hohenzollern. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Hohenzollern can be difficult to determine because country boundaries change over time, making the nation of origin a mystery. The original ethnicity of Hohenzollern may be difficult to determine depending on whether the family name originated organically and independently in various locales; e.g. in the case of names that come from a profession, which can crop up in multiple places independently (such as the surname "Baker" which refers to the craft of baker).
Hohenzollern Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Hohenzollern meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Hohenzollern. The following is speculative information about Hohenzollern. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Hohenzollern come may come from a craft, such as the name "Clark" which evolved from the profession of "clerk". Some of these craft-based surnames can be a profession in a different language. This is why it is important to know the ethnicity of a name, and the languages spoken by its ancestors. Many modern names like Hohenzollern are inspired by religious texts such as the Bible, the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, etc. Commonly these surnames are shortened versions of a religious phrase such as "Worthy of praise".
Hohenzollern Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Hohenzollern spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Hohenzollern. The following is speculative information about Hohenzollern. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Names like Hohenzollern transform in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across communities, family lines, and eras over the years. In early history when few people could write, names such as Hohenzollern were transliterated based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in public records. This could have given rise misspellings of Hohenzollern. Understanding misspellings and alternate spellings of the Hohenzollern surname are important to understanding the history of the name.
Last names similar to HohenzollernHohenzollerngarten, Hohenzollern-Hechingen, Hohenzollern-Nüremberg, Hohenzollern-Nürnberg, Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, Hohenzy, Hoheofels, Hohepa, Hoher, Höher, Hoherbeck, Hohercak, Hoherchak, Hoherchaki, Hoherchas, Hohercsak, Hoherd, Hoherdt, Höher-franzke, Höher-geyer
Hohenzollern Family Tree
Here are a few of the Hohenzollern biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Hohenzollerns
- Dorothea Of Hohenzollern Brandenburg, Dronning af Danmark, Norge og Sverige 1430 - 1495
- Prinsessan Birgitta Av Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen A Sverige) 1937 - ?
- *princess Louise Margaret Of Hohenzollern Prussia, prinzessin, Duchess of Connaught and Strathearn 1860 - 1917
- Louisa Ulrika Queen Consort Of Hohenzollern Sweden, Drottning av Sverige 1720 - 1782
- Princess Victoria Louise Of Hohenzollern Prussia, Herzogin zu Braunschweig-Lüneburg, Prinzessin von Hannover 1892 - 1980
- Friederich Wilhelm I König In Hohenzollern Preußen, Kurfürst von Brandenburg, König in Preußen 1688 - 1740
- Ludwig Ferdinand Prinz Von Hohenzollern Preußen, Jr. 1944 - 1977
- Prince Augstus William Of Hohenzollern Prussia 1722 - 1758
- Prince Frederick Charles Of Hohenzollern Prussia 1828 - 1885
- Leopold Von Hohenzollern Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen 1835 - 1905