Holstein Surname History
The family history of the Holstein last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Holstein:
- Holstein family history
- Holstein country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Holstein last name meaning & etymology
- Holstein spelling & pronunciation
Latest Holstein photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Holstein community on AncientFaces.
Holstein Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Holstein country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Holstein country of origin. The following is speculative information about Holstein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Holstein can be very difficult to determine in cases which regional boundaries change over time, making the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Holstein may be difficult to determine as result of whether the surname originated organically and independently in various locales; for example, in the case of surnames that come from a craft, which can appear in multiple places independently (such as the surname "Dean" which may have been adopted by members of the clergy).
Holstein Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Holstein meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Holstein. The following is speculative information about Holstein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Holstein come may come from a craft, such as the name "Brewster" which refers to a female brewer. Some of these trade-based family names might be a profession in a different language. Because of this it is useful to research the ethnicity of a name, and the languages spoken by its progenitors. Many western names like Holstein are inspired by religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and other related texts. Commonly these names relate to a religious phrase such as "Favored of God".
Holstein Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Holstein spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Holstein. The following is speculative information about Holstein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Holstein were transliterated based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were recorded in court, church, and government records. This could have led to misspellings of Holstein. Names like Holstein transform in how they're written as they travel across communities, family lines, and countries over generations. Researching misspellings and spelling variations of the Holstein family name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name.
Last names similar to HolsteinHolstein-aschenbeck, Holsteinb, Holstein-babiqi, Holstein beck, Holsteinborg, Holstein-brass, Holstein Charisius, Holstein de, Holstein de müller, Holstein-diepold, Holstein dit claudier, Holsteine, Holsteiner, Holsteiner spezialitäten, Holstein-glasmacher, Holstein Gottorp, Holstein-Gottorp, Holstein-Gottorp-romanov, Holstein-hendriks, Holstein immobilien
Holstein Family Tree
Here are a few of the Holstein biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Holsteins
- Gustav Iii Av Sverige Holstein-Gottorp Kung, Kung 1746 - 1792
- Sofia Wilhelmina Marie Louise Charlotte Av Sverige Holstein-Gottorp Großherzogin Zu Holstein-Gottorp Baden, Großherzogin zu Baden 1801 - 1865
- Maria Elisabeth Of Holstein-Gottorp, Oldenburg Schleswig-Holstein-gottorp, Landgräfin von Hessen-Darmstadt 1634 - 1665
- Friedrich Von Holstein-Gottorp Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp, Oldenburg Herzog, Herzog 1635 - 1654
- Ulrika Eleonora Of Holstein-Gottorp Sweden, Queen of Sweden 1688 - 1741
- Karl Av Sverige Holstein-Gottorp Prins, Prins 1798 - 1798
- Sofia Albertina Prinsessa Av Holstein-Gottorp Sverige 1753 - 1829
- Auguste Marie Holstein-Gottorp Zahringen 1649 - 1728
- Grand Duchess Alexandra Of Holstein-Gottorp, Romanov Russia, LandgrÃ¤fin von Hessen-Kassel 1825 - 1844
- Grand Duke Sergei Of Holstein-Gottorp, Romanov Russia, Grand duke of Russia 1857 - 1905