Hutchinson Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Hutchinsons by their first name:
Most Common First Names
- William 3.8%
- John 3.8%
- James 2.5%
- Robert 2.2%
- Mary 2.0%
- George 1.8%
- Thomas 1.7%
- Charles 1.6%
- Joseph 1.1%
- Hutchinson 1.0%
Hutchinson Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Hutchinson family.
- John Hutchinson born 1350
- Catherine Stanhope Hutchinson born 1610
- Abigail Vermales Hutchinson born 1613
- Elizabeth Hutchinson Hamilton born 1677
- Lydia (Foster) Hutchinson born 1687
- Elizabeth Hutchinson Hutchinson born 1737
- Thomas Hutchinson born 1787
- Henry Hutchinson born 1791
- Clarissa Hutchinson born 1801
- David Hutchinson born 1802
Hutchinson Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 20,031 people with the last name Hutchinson that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Hutchinson family on AncientFaces.
- Nora Hutchinson lived 109 years
- Karen Elizabeth Hutchinson lived 106 years
- Susie M Hutchinson lived 105 years
- Mary O Hutchinson lived 105 years
- Mildred M Hutchinson lived 106 years
- Clara Hutchinson lived 103 years
- Myrtle C Hutchinson lived 104 years
- Frank W Hutchinson lived 103 years
- Vera F Hutchinson lived 103 years
- Bertha Hutchinson lived 103 years
My mother’s father was Charles Choate. (Also listed as Chas L Choate)
Charles Leslie Choate was born in Caro Tuscola County Michigan on the 7th of December 1888.
• He is one of three children born to William M Choate and Sabrina Hutchinson.
o His siblings were Frank, William and Arthur.
Arthur Frederick Choate was born in Almer Twp Tuscola Michigan on the 1st of October 1890.
Still researching William Choate.
Frank Choate was born in 1890, he Married Mamie McAlpine on the 26th of February in Owendale, Huron County Michigan, they had three children Ruby born in 1917, Frank born in 1919 and Ruth born in 1923.
o Michigan records show that his parents were William and Ceprino Choat.
• Charles married twice, first to Edith B Wallace (Daughter of Thomas Wallace and Martha Guthra) on the 21st of June 1913 in Lapeer Michigan.
o Charles and Edythe had four children, Genevieve, Violet, Carlton and an infant not named. Edythe died in childbirth for the fourth child; she and the child are buried together in Lapeer Michigan.
• Charles then married Rosa Cain (Daughter of Albert Cain and Rose Robinson) in Flint Michigan on the 27th of February 1926.
o Charles and Rosa had nine children.
o Charles helped Rosa raise her son from her first marriage; John Benoit.
• 1918 – WWI Draft Notification for Charles L Choate.
• 1920 Census Bay Michigan shows Charles, Edythe, Genevieve, Violet and Carl.
• 1930 Census show him living in Flint, Genesee Michigan with Rosa, Genevieve, Violet, Carlton, John and Leslie. The first three children are from Charles first marriage, the forth child is from Rosa’s first marriage and Leslie is the oldest of their children.
• Charles Leslie Choate died on the 26th of August 1957 in Michigan.
o He was 69 years old.
William M Choate was born in 1849 in Germany, exact location and date is not known at this time.
• No information has been found for Parents or siblings.
o I have found some references to a Hiram Choat (No E on the last name), he is from Prussia the right age and is from the same area in Michigan and he had a son named William that would be the right age, but I have not confirmed this yet.
• William married Sabrina Hutchinson (Daughter of Russell Hutchinson and Elizabeth Patterson) on the 4th of August 1887 in Almer Michigan.
o (Tuscola County, Michigan Dibean Marriage Index - William Choat (no E0 and Sabina Elen Hutchinson, witness were Matilda Choat and Albert Greenwood, have not found the connection between Matilda and William, could she be a sister?
o William and Sabrina had three children.
• In the 1880 Federal Census District 196 Big Prairie Newago Michigan – there is a William Choate 35 a Hired man, single, laborer, from Prussia. Could this be our William, if so, then his birth date is off by 5 years.
o In the 1920 Federal Census District 4 Brookfield, Huron Michigan there is a Frank A Choate which fits the right age for his son.
• William died in 1909, in Michigan.
o He was 59 years old.
Possible Research - - Buried in the Fremont Township cemetery at Mayville, Tuscola County, Michigan – # 48
William D Choate b. 22 Aug 1822, d 21 Jan 1898 75y, 5m /
Cordelia j Choate, b (approx 1826) d. 29 Jun 1867, 41y 11m 10 d w/o Wm D
Charles L Choate, b (approx 1861) d. 6 Apr 1872, 11y 4m 21d only s/o Wd & CJ
Sarah E Bryant, b (approx 1850) d 10 Dec 1868, 18y 3m 11d d/o WD and CH Choate
There are also many Choate’s buried in St. Paul’s Cemetery in Monroe County – how and if they are related is not known: Emerson Choate, Louisa Choate, Mary Choate, N Choate, and Samuel Choate.
[external link] t
The following Choates were found here – they are most likely related to our William.
Annie Choate Married George Taylor 12/25/1884
Ellen J Choate married Alva Andrews 11/26/1874
George A Choate married Minnie Beyett 08/20/1884
Jennie E Choate married Lucius E Holland 10/15/1876
M J Choate married H L Beyett 11/15/1881
Mattie Cordelia Choat married Isaac Arthur Veitch 03/02/1871
Minnie Choate married B C Martin 12/25/1884
Sarah Eliza Choate married Alison Bryant 02/09/1868
William D Choat married Mary J A Edwards 02/28/1871
No additional information has been found for the Choate name. Further research will need to be conducted at a later date.
Web Links Used for Research
A statue of Hutchinson stands in front of the State House in Boston, Massachusetts. The inscription on the statue reads: Anne Marbury Hutchinson was killed by Indians at Pelham Bay, Long Island Sound, in what is now the Bronx.
As a child, walking through the Boston Gardens, my father used to show me the statue and tell me that she was an ancestor in the Hutchinson family. Then again, I was also told that my great grandfather, or perhaps great, great grandfather (Hutchinson) jumped ship and swam to the Maine shoreline. I would only have to go back perhaps 4 generations from my grandfather, George W. Hutchinson (1868-1900) to find Anne Hutchinson. History could surprise me if I am able to trace back far enough!
In 1987, Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis pardoned Anne Hutchinson, in order to revoke the order of banishment by Governor Endicott, 350 years earlier.