Moffat Family History & Genealogy
Moffat Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Moffat family.
Moffat Biographies & Family Trees
Find birth, death records, and obituaries of Moffats on AncientFaces:
Most Common First Names
- William 6.6%
- John 5.5%
- Robert 4.7%
- James 4.4%
- David 2.5%
- Mary 2.3%
- Thomas 1.8%
- George 1.8%
- Margaret 1.6%
- Moffat 1.5%
Moffat Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 1,704 people with the last name Moffat that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Moffat family on AncientFaces.
- Mary J Moffat lived 105 years
- Bessie Moffat lived 105 years
- Mary L Moffat lived 102 years
- Harriet Stl Moffat lived 101 years
- Esther W Moffat lived 101 years
- Genevieve Moffat lived 100 years
- Grace Moffat lived 100 years
- Ellen Mary Moffat lived 99 years
- John Henshelwood Moffat lived 99 years
- Wilmot Ann Moffat lived 98 years
Gail was the third child of four siblings born to Donald Stewart Moffat and Ruth Sullivan.
Gail's father, Don, was also born in Queensland, Australia, at Clermont, in 1929.
At Gail's birth, both mother and child almost died. Surprising everyone, both survived.
A dedicated doctor is said to have held the mother's hand during their struggle for life.
The compassionate care of this doctor became legend, as an often repeated family story.