Nassau Surname History
The family history of the Nassau last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Nassau:
- Nassau family history
- Nassau country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Nassau last name meaning & etymology
- Nassau spelling & pronunciation
Latest Nassau photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Nassau community on AncientFaces.
Nassau Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Nassau country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Nassau country of origin. The following is speculative information about Nassau. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Nassau may be very difficult to determine because country boundaries change over time, making the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Nassau may be difficult to determine as result of whether the family name originated naturally and independently in different locales; e.g. in the case of last names that come from a profession, which can appear in multiple regions independently (such as the family name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers).
Nassau Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Nassau meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Nassau. The following is speculative information about Nassau. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Nassau come may come from a craft, such as the name "Archer" which was given to people who were bowmen. Some of these profession-based family names can be a profession in a different language. Because of this it is good to research the nationality of a name, and the languages spoken by its ancestors. Many names like Nassau are inspired by religious texts such as the Quran, the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, and so on. In many cases these surnames relate to a religious phrase such as "Grace of God".
Nassau Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Nassau spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Nassau. The following is speculative information about Nassau. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Understanding misspellings and alternate spellings of the Nassau name are important to understanding the etymology of the name. In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as Nassau were transliterated based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in official records. This could have given rise misspellings of Nassau. Surnames like Nassau change in how they're spelled as they travel across tribes, family branches, and countries over time.
Last names similar to NassauNassau and Princess of Ligne, Nassau Brilin, Nassaud, Nassauer, Naßauer, Nassauer-acker, Nassauer-albrecht, Nassauer-eggers, Nassauer hof, Nassauer-rülke, Nassauer-schlemper, Nassauer-sell, Nassaues, Nassauische sparkasse, Nassau_laurenburg, Nassau-lodbrok, Nassau Ottweiler, Nassaur, Nassaur bel bachir, Nassaurer
Nassau Family Tree
Here are a few of the Nassau biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Nassaus
- Lovisa* Drottning Av Nassau-Oranje Sverige 1828 - 1871
- John William Friso Prince Of Nassau-Dietz Orange, Prins van Oranje 1687 - 1711
- Hgdh William Alexander Iv Grand Duke Of Nassau-Weilburg, Luxembourg, Grand Duke 1852 - 1912
- Hgdh Adolphe I Grand Duke Of Nassau-Weilburg Luxembourg, Herzog von Nassau, GroÃherzog von Luxemburg 1817 - 1905
- Princess Therese Of Nassau-Weilburg Nassau-Weilburg 1815 - 1871
- Wolf Brilin Nassau Nassau 1697 - 1753
- Chana Anna Brilin Nassau 1709 - 1769
- Princess Caroline Of Nassau-Usingen Nassau-Usingen, LandgrÃ¤fin von Hessen-Kassel zu Rumpenheim 1762 - 1823
- Princess Henriette Of Nassau-Weilburg Nassau-Weilburg, herzogin zu WÃ¼rttemberg 1780 - 1857
- Frederick Wilhelm of Nassau-orange 1774 - 1799