Perkins Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Perkinses by their first name:
Most Common First Names
- William 2.7%
- John 2.6%
- James 2.6%
- Mary 1.9%
- Robert 1.8%
- Charles 1.7%
- George 1.4%
- Thomas 0.9%
- Edward 0.8%
- Elizabeth 0.7%
Perkins Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Perkins family.
- John (Parkyns) Perkins born 1360
- Ellen Tompkins Perkins born 1400
- Thomas Perkins born 1410
- Juliana (Juliana) Perkins born 1482
- Thomas Perkins, Ii born 1484
- John Perkins, Sr. born 1570
- Poss Chauncey Perkins Perkins born 1645
- Sarah Wallace Perkins born 1662
- Remember Woodman Perkins born 1673
- Sarah Perkins born 1696
Perkins Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 51,056 people with the last name Perkins that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Perkins family on AncientFaces.
- Florence M Perkins lived 110 years
- Will Perkins lived 108 years
- Mattie S Perkins lived 107 years
- Ethel B Perkins lived 108 years
- Frankie Perkins lived 107 years
- Esther Perkins lived 107 years
- Margaret (Collee) Perkins lived 121 years
- Leona Perkins lived 106 years
- Bessie A Perkins lived 106 years
- Emma Perkins lived 107 years
1910 federal census shows them living in Ira, NY. After their death 3 sons, Vernon, Sherman and Daniel were placed into the care of the Cayuga County Home for Destitute Children at Auburn, NY. What happened to Sherman and Daniel is unknown. Who Moses and mary's parents were is unknown.
Vernon, born in 1898 in Cato, NY grew to adulthood in the Home. Somewhere he learned mechanics to repair farm machinery. He turns up ion Manchester VT in the late 20s. No one knows anything more about his history than that. He married Edna Johnston at Manchester, VT, and had two daughters, one my mother, Betty Joyce Perkins. Vernon Perkins never revealed any thing more about his history. After his wife died and his daughters went to live with her parents, Vernon went to Bridgeport, CT where he eventually remarried.
Nothing more is known except that he died in Grass Valley, CA in 1965.
Does anyone out there han any information on this Perkins Family from Cayuga, NY?
'...INS-At Confederate States Military prison, Salisbury North Carolina, December 29th, 1864, Thomas Perkins, of the United States Military Telegraph Corps,aged 25 years,11 months and 10 days'