Phillips Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Phillipses by their first name:
- -- Phillips to Asenath Phillips
- Aser Phillips to Byrne Phillips
- Byrnes Phillips to Corydan Phillips
- Corydon Phillips to Drexel Phillips
- Drexil Phillips to Eulailie Phillips
- Eulalah Phillips to Grayson Phillips
- Greeley Phillips to Issie Phillips
- It Phillips to Kidd Phillips
- Kidford Phillips to Lomax Phillips
- Lome Phillips to Matthews Phillips
- Matthey Phillips to Nobie Phillips
- Noble Phillips to Rachl Phillips
- Racine Phillips to Senona Phillips
- Senora Phillips to Thursa Phillips
- Thurston Phillips to Wilbert Phillips
- Wilbia Phillips to Zurik Phillips
Most Common First Names
- William 3.1%
- John 3.0%
- James 2.6%
- Mary 1.9%
- Robert 1.8%
- Charles 1.6%
- George 1.5%
- Thomas 1.2%
- Joseph 0.9%
- Richard 0.8%
Phillips Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Phillips family.
- Robert Arthur Phillips born 982
- John Phillips born 1502
- Janet Thomas Phillips born 1502
- Elizabeth Phillips born 1613
- Elizabeth (Phillips) Walker born 1619
- Mary* Phillips born 1633
- Grace Phillips Billington born 1641
- Frances Elizabeth Betts Phillips born 1670
- Barbara Phillips Peckham born 1687
- George Phillips born 1698
Phillips Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 144,885 people with the last name Phillips that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Phillips family on AncientFaces.
- Tom Phillips lived 123 years
- Ernest Phillips lived 115 years
- Geraldine Phillips lived 115 years
- Glee Phillips lived 114 years
- Charlie Phillips lived 110 years
- Edna Phillips lived 108 years
- Tillie F Phillips lived 107 years
- Herman W Phillips lived 108 years
- Fern Phillips lived 108 years
- L C Phillips lived 107 years
Matilda May could be my great grandmother, she gave birth to my grandfather David John Phillips when she was 17, My grandfather was put into an orphanage where he stayed for about 16 years.
Any information would be helpful, at the moment i feel as though there is a big part of my family im missing out on. you can contact me through email on [contact link].
My greatgrandmother was Francis Elizabeth "Fannie" Phillips. She was born in 1869 in TN.
They were married in 1885 in Lauderdale Co., AL.
The family legend is that Solon's surname was very difficult to spell or pronounce, so he took his bride's name "Phillips" when they married.
Solon died, after being struck by lightning, in 1902. Fannie died in 1955. I was 10 years old when she died. They are both buried in Wesley Chapel Cemetery in Lauderdale Co., AL
At the time of his death, Solon was owner (mortgaged) of over 1500 acres of farmland.
I have been totally unable to find any information about who the parents of either of them were.
I sure would appreciate it if anyone has any information or could lead me to someone who may have information.
Jim Robinson ([contact link])1058 Street Rd. Kingston Springs, TN 37082
Frederick came from Strasbourg,Alsace,France,where it was the custom to use the second name and not the first.Indeed as Caroline Jane grew up she become known as Jane. I cannot find a marriage for a Jane or an Elizabeth to Fredeick Helrigel or find them in the 1851 census. My gut feeling is that Jane Phillips' name may have been Jane Elizabeth and when her daughter became known as Jane she then used her second name to stop any confusion.
When Frederick Helrigel appears with wife Elizabeth in the 1861 census she is recorded as from Salisbury, Wiltshire c1821. I have found a Jane to fit this date and place, with parents Thomas and Sarah Phillips but this Jane seems to have married a William Adams in Salisbury in 1846 and lived in Hampshire in 1861. I can find no Elizabeth or Jane Elizabeth or Elizabeth Jane Phillips
I would love to know who she was. Can anyone help?