Revette Family History
Revette Surname History
At least one branch of the Revette family (the branch which is now living in the United States of America) is descended from an original French settler. (See the story of this family in both "country of origin" and "fun facts.") The further history of the entire Revette family as well as the meaning and origin of the surname Revette have yet to be added to this page.
No content has been submitted here about Revette. The following is speculative information about Revette. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The evolution of Revette begins with it's early ancestors. Even in the early generations of a name there are changes in that name simply because last names were infrequently written down back when few people could write.
It was common for a last name to change as it enters a new country or language. Revette family members have travelled across various regions all throughout history. As these families moved between countries, the Revette name may have changed with them.
Revette country of origin
One branch of the Revette family is descended from France: The first Revette's along the Gulf Coast, Mobile, AL; Clark County,AL; Stateline, MS, Wayne County, MS; Perry County, MS; and other areas in close proximity were the decendants of a Frenchman arriving into Mobile Bay with the surname "Revette". He was known as a skilled furtrader. It is thought that he traveled by boat up the river to the area known then as LeMoyne in the Alabama territory (near Axis, AL north Mobile county now and into Washington and Clark Counties). It is thought that he was friendly with Native Americans in the territory along the Alabama and Mobile Rivers. Furtraders relied on the knowledge and help of the Native Americans.
Meaning of the last name Revette
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Revette. The following is speculative information about Revette. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Revette come may come from a profession, such as the name "Archer" which was given to people who were bowmen. A lot of these profession-based family names might be a profession in some other language. For this reason it is important to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages spoken by its progenitors. Many western names like Revette are inspired by religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and so forth. Commonly these names relate to a religious phrase such as "Lamb of God".
- Bertha Revette 1919 - 1999
- Gilbert Revette 1909 - 1980
- Joan M Revette 1934 - 1998
- Leonard O Revette 1929 - 2002
- James Revette 1922 - 1986
- Arthur C Revette 1944 - 2004
- Charles J Revette 1931 - 1999
- Thomas Revette 1933 - 1973
- Michael A Revette 1961 - 1997
- Elizabeth Revette 1914 - 2003
- Marion Revette 1913 - 1987
- Joanne Revette 1941 - 2009
- Pearl F Revette 1909 - 2003
- Arthur Christopher Revette 1963 - 2008
- Katherine Revette 1919 - 1989
- Doris J Revette 1916 - 1989
- Andrew Revette 1906 - 1968
- Herman L Revette 1911 - 1999
- Oscar Revette 1916 - 1972
- David L Revette 1933 - 2007
Revette Family Tree
Famous people named Revette
Famous members of the Revette family have yet to be added to this page.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Revette
At least one branch of the Revette family is French.
More about the name Revette
Fun facts about the Revette family
- James Leroy Revette, Sr. ( 1933- present Nov. 16, 2012) is known as the "King of Eight Mile". Having built an automotive business empire in the area of Eight Mile, AL in the 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's and even into the 21st century continues to work tirelessly. Born on a freezing cold late night in Stateline, MS on Dec. 31, 1933, with the help of a local midwife, it is not really known for sure if his birth was actually on Jan.1, 1934. His mother is Hazel Helton Revette and father David Lamar Revette. He was working for the U.S. Air Force at Brookly Airforce base in Mobile, AL as civilian government employee repairing F-105 jets during the Viet Nam War. He is credited with many documented inventions by the Air Force for improvements in instrumentation to jets. He is also credited for an extremely important change he designed to the pilots flight suits to improve the use of pressure, which prevented them from having a moment of passing out during certain flight maneuvers. When it was closed down during a devasting base closing accross the U.S. in 1962, 1963, and 1964, all employees lost their jobs. Never discouraged, and famously known as "a hard working man" James Revette, Sr. helped with the upstart of the very first automatic car wash company known as "Free Car Wash, International". In 1967, he opened his first automotive shop in Prichard, Al called "Prichard Automotive" making a deal to buy the building with just 50 cents in hs pocket. The next year, he bought the building accross the street opening a muffler shop. He eventually bought a building on the corner of Bearfork Rd. and Shelton Beach Rd. in Eight Mile, AL to start a wrecking yard, because it was at the 4 - Way Stop and very busy with work traffic, specifically paper mill workers. Being the marketing genius that he is, he named the yard "AA Used Auto Parts" so that he would have the very first listing in the phone book and the yellow pages too! And for the sign on the building he added a huge STOP sign to draw attention to customers. (more to come
Revette spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Revette. The following is speculative information about Revette. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Revette were transliterated based on how they sounded when people's names were recorded in public records. This could have led to misspellings of Revette. Last names like Revette change in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across villages, family unions, and eras over generations. Researching misspellings and spelling variations of the Revette family name are important to understanding the etymology of the name.