Ringlein Family History
Ringlein Surname History
According to one branch of the Ringlein family, the surname Ringlein was originally Ring in Germany and the "lein" may perhaps mean "son" or "son of". This branch of the Ringlein (Ring) family can be traced back to the Bayern area of Germany in the late 1600's to early 1700's. See "fun facts" below for the history of this branch of the Ring/Ringlein family.
The surname Ringlein, according to one branch of the Ringlein family, was "Ring" in Germany in the late 1600's to early 1700's in the area of Hessen, Siedmansdorf Bayern.
Ringlein country of origin
No content has been submitted about the Ringlein country of origin. The following is speculative information about Ringlein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Ringlein can be difficult to determine in cases which regional boundaries change over time, making the nation of origin indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Ringlein may be difficult to determine based on whether the family name originated naturally and independently in various locales; e.g. in the case of family names that come from a craft, which can come into being in multiple places independently (such as the name "Gardener" which was given to people of that profession).
Meaning of the last name Ringlein
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Ringlein. The following is speculative information about Ringlein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Ringlein come may come from a craft, such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers. Some of these craft-based last names can be a profession in a different language. This is why it is important to know the ethnicity of a name, and the languages spoken by its progenitors. Many western names like Ringlein originate from religious texts like the Bible, the Bhagavadgītā, the Quran, and so forth. In many cases these surnames relate to a religious expression such as "Lamb of God".
- Sadie Ringlein 1889 - 1969
- Alphons Ringlein 1888 - 1966
- Cornelius Ringlein 1903 - 1973
- Robert J Ringlein 1930 - 2006
- Estella Ringlein 1903 - 2001
- Elizabeth A Ringlein 1904 - 1998
- Cletus Ringlein 1904 - 1983
- Richard Ringlein 1925 - 1981
- Clarence Ringlein 1916 - 1979
- Margaret Ringlein 1939 - 1972
- John P Ringlein 1939 - 1997
- Clement Ringlein 1908 - 1980
- Louise Ringlein 1905 - 1997
- August Ringlein 1890 - 1971
- Lucille M Ringlein 1919 - 2000
- Pauline Ringlein 1903 - 1976
- August Ringlein 1929 - 1992
- Otilla Ringlein 1897 - 1978
- Leo Ringlein 1927 - 1996
- Clara Ringlein 1896 - 1973
Ringlein Family Tree
Famous people named Ringlein
No famous people named Ringlein have been submitted. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Ringlein
At least one branch of the Ringlein family is German.
More about the name Ringlein
Fun facts about the Ringlein family
- One branch of the Ringlein family can be traced to 1718- 1782 to Peter Ring & his wife Kunigunda (a very popular name at that time, since it was the name of a popular German Queen). Peter Ring and Kunigunda (1724 1785) had Simon (1748-1836 ) who m. Kunigunda Popp (1752-1832) and had 9 children, one of whom was Beindf Andreas (1786 - 1827). Maria 1780, Martin 1782, Andeas 1786 (The U.S. one) Eva 1800, Fredeericus 1788-1849, Margaretha Zollner (this is weird because we also have the Zahm name and Zoeller is in there also) then came Cunegunda again but with a "c", Fredericus again and Johaan George.
- Johaan ring 1826-1914 m. m. Katherine Warheit & thus the huge Ohio Ringlein family. (I think the lein was tacked on after they arrived in U.S. because I have the ship list from 1845 when they arrived here and it was spelled Ring.) My particular line is in Nebraska where they came to homestead, after going to Oklahoma and Kansas and then up to Nebraska. We have some nice Indian stories with this family. There are Ringlein descendants in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan.
- The interesting thing about this particular Ring(lein) family is John (the submitter's ancestor) and ancestor to all the Ringleins that she knows of.
- Our Johaan Ringlein's father had T.B. and at that time in Germany they were not allowed to marry with that disease so he was born our of wedlock to Eva and when his father Andreas died she married Karl Weber and had more children and they all came to the U.s. I have the ship list. the Lineage: Joannis Ring and annae Apoloniae had Joannes Peter ring who m. Kunigunda. they had Simon who m. Kunigunda Popp and had Andreas and 6 other children and of course Andreas had our Johannnes who started the huge Ringlein line in United States.
Ringlein spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Ringlein. The following is speculative information about Ringlein. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Surnames like Ringlein transform in their pronunciation and spelling as they travel across tribes, family lines, and eras across time. In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Ringlein were transcribed based on their pronunciation when people's names were recorded in official records. This could have given rise misspellings of Ringlein. Researching misspellings and spelling variations of the Ringlein last name are important to understanding the etymology of the name.