Romanov Surname History
The family history of the Romanov last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Romanov:
- Romanov family history
- Romanov country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Romanov last name meaning & etymology
- Romanov spelling & pronunciation
Latest Romanov photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Romanov community on AncientFaces.
Romanov Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Romanov country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Romanov country of origin. The following is speculative information about Romanov. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Romanov can be very difficult to determine because countries change over time, leaving the nation of origin a mystery. The original ethnicity of Romanov may be in dispute depending on whether the family name came about naturally and independently in various locales; for example, in the case of names that are based on a profession, which can come into being in multiple countries independently (such as the surname "Clark" which evolved from the profession of "clerk").
Romanov Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Romanov meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Romanov. The following is speculative information about Romanov. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Romanov come may come from a craft, such as the name "Bishop" which may have been taken by church officials. Some of these craft-based surnames can be a profession in some other language. Because of this it is good to know the country of origin of a name, and the languages used by its ancestors. Many western names like Romanov originate from religious texts like the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and so forth. Often these family names relate to a religious phrase such as "Favored of God".
Romanov Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Romanov spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Romanov. The following is speculative information about Romanov. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Romanov were transcribed based on how they sounded when people's names were recorded in public records. This could have resulted in misspellings of Romanov. Surnames like Romanov vary in how they're written as they travel across villages, family lines, and countries over time. Knowing misspellings and alternate spellings of the Romanov surname are important to understanding the history of the name.
Last names similar to RomanovRomanova, Romanov alexander, Romanova-skurskaia, Romanovets, Romanovic, Romanovich, Romanovick, Romanovicz, Romanovitch, Romanovitz, Romanovna, Romanovna Vorontsova, Romanovo, Romanovriez, Romanovs, Romanovska, Romanovskaa, Romanovskaia, Romanovskaja, Romanovskaya
Romanov Family Tree
Here are a few of the Romanov biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Romanovs
- Alexander Alexandrovich Romanov Grand Duke Of Russia 1869 - 1870
- George Alexandrovich Romanov Grand Duke Of Russia 1871 - 1899
- Xenia (Ксения) Aleksandrovna (Александровна) Romanov (Романова) 1875 - 1960
- Alekssandra Feodorovna von Preussen Romanov, Empress consort of All the Russias 1798 - 1860
- Olga Alexandrovna Romanov Grand Duchess Of Romanov (Романова) Russia 1882 - 1960
- Hih Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna Of Russia, Romanov-Holstein-Gottorp Russia, Prinzessin von Preußen 1909 - 1967
- Grand Duke Sergei Of Holstein-Gottorp, Romanov Russia, Grand duke of Russia 1857 - 1905
- Mikhail Alexandrovich Romanov Grand Duke Of Russia, Grandduke of Russia 1878 - 1918
- Anna Romanov Grand Duchess Of Russia 1757 - 1759
- Grand Duke Vladimir Of Romanov Russia, Grand Duke of Russia 1847 - 1909