Skorochod Family History
Skorochod Surname History
At least one branch of the Skorochod family is from the Ukraine. This branch believes that the Skorochod surname was originally "Skorohod", a complilation of two words: "skoro" which meant "lightweight" and "hod" which meant "walks". The further history of the Skorochod family and the nationality of the family have yet to be shared on this page.
No content has been submitted here about Skorochod. The following is speculative information about Skorochod. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The evolution of Skorochod starts with the origins of thelast name. Even in the early generations of a name there are variations in that single name simply because surnames were infrequently written down back when few people could write.
As families, tribes, and clans emigrated between countries and languages, the Skorochod name may have changed with them. It was commonplace for a last name to change as it enters a new country or language. Skorochod ancestors have emigrated around different countries all throughout history.
Skorochod country of origin
No content has been submitted about the Skorochod country of origin. The following is speculative information about Skorochod. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Skorochod may be very difficult to determine in cases which regional boundaries change over time, making the original nationality indeterminate. The original ethnicity of Skorochod may be difficult to determine based on whether the surname originated naturally and independently in various locales; for example, in the case of surnames that come from a craft, which can come into being in multiple regions independently (such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers).
Meaning of the last name Skorochod
One branch of the Skorochod family (from the Ukraine) says that Skorochod was originally Skorohod means "Skoro" (lightweight) and "Hod" (walks). So does the name mean "walks lightly"? (See "fun facts" for source information about this branch of the family.)
- Ivan Skorochod 1902 - 1989
- Maria Skorochod 1922 - 1989
- Wasyl Skorochod 1914 - 1974
- Israel Skorochod 1900 - 1979
- Bertha Skorochod 1895 - 1975
- Donna Skorochod 1908 - 1974
- Alexander Skorochod 1918 - 2000
- Sarah Skorochod 1902 - 1984
- Eva Skorochod 1910 - 1986
- Valentina Skorochod 1924 - 2008
- Anna Skorochod 1906 - 1976
- Iwan Skorochod 1898 - 1975
Skorochod Family Tree
Famous people named Skorochod
No famous people named Skorochod have been submitted. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Skorochod
No content has been submitted about the ethnicity of Skorochod. The following is speculative information about Skorochod. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
We do not have a record of the primary ethnicity of the name Skorochod. Many surnames travel around the world throughout the ages, making their original nationality and ethnicity difficult to trace.
More about the name Skorochod
Fun facts about the Skorochod family
- Yo soy Gabriela Skorochod y mi abuelo era Juan Skorochod el era un inmigrante de Ucrania me dijo que el apellido en realida es Skorohod y significa "Skoro" ligero y "Hod" camina, siempre me intereso conocer de mi apellido antepasados y mucho mas! gracias se los tradusco por las dudas. Gracias. (Translation: I'm Gabriela Skorochod and my grandfather was John Skorochod he was an immigrant from Ukraine said that the surname is Skorohod realities and means "Skoro" lightweight "Hod" walks, I am always interested to know my surname ancestors and more! graces the tradusco in case. Thank you.)
Skorochod spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Skorochod. The following is speculative information about Skorochod. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Knowing misspellings and alternate spellings of the Skorochod last name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name. In early history when few people could write, names such as Skorochod were written down based on their pronunciation when people's names were written in government records. This could have led to misspellings of Skorochod. Family names like Skorochod transform in their pronunciation and spelling as they travel across communities, family branches, and eras across time.