Sweden Surname History
The family history of the Sweden last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to our knowldge of the Sweden:
- Sweden family history
- Sweden country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Sweden last name meaning & etymology
- Sweden spelling & pronunciation
Latest Sweden photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Sweden community on AncientFaces.
Sweden Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Sweden country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Sweden country of origin. The following is speculative information about Sweden. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Sweden can be difficult to determine because regional boundaries change over time, leaving the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Sweden may be in dispute based on whether the surname came about naturally and independently in various locales; for example, in the case of family names that are based on professions, which can appear in multiple regions independently (such as the surname "Dean" which may have been adopted by members of the clergy).
Sweden Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Sweden meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Sweden. The following is speculative information about Sweden. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Sweden come may come from a profession, such as the name "Carpenter" which was given to woodworkers. Some of these craft-based last names might be a profession in some other language. This is why it is good to know the ethnicity of a name, and the languages used by its family members. Many names like Sweden originate from religious texts such as the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and so forth. Often these family names are shortened versions of a religious expression such as "Favored of God".
Sweden Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Sweden spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Sweden. The following is speculative information about Sweden. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In times when literacy was uncommon, names such as Sweden were transcribed based on how they sounded when people's names were recorded in official records. This could have resulted in misspellings of Sweden. Surnames like Sweden change in their spelling as they travel across communities, family lines, and eras over the years. Researching misspellings and spelling variations of the Sweden name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name.
Last names similar to SwedenSwedenberg, Swedenberger, Swedenborg, Swedenburg, Swedenbury, Swedene, Swedener, Swedenhjelm, Swedenjelm, Sweden Jr, Swedenrijck, Swedenrijk, Swedenskey, Swedenski, Swedensky, Swedenson, Sweden Sr, Sweder, Swedér, Swederhjelm
Sweden Family Tree
Here are a few of the Sweden biographies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Swedens
- Inge Stenkilsson D.ä. Av Sweden Sverige, d.ä. av Sverige 1055 - 1110
- Kristina Björnsdotter Av Danmark Queen Of Järnsida Sweden, Queen Of Sweden 1130 - 1170
- Ulvhild Håkansdotter Queen Of Sweden, Queen of Sweden 1095 - 1148
- Birger Magnusson Av Sverige Bjälboätten King Of SWEDEN Sweden, King of Sweden 1280 - 1321
- Jean Armand SWEDEN Barette, King of Sweden 1216 - 1252
- King Blot-Sweyn Of Sweden Sweden 1050 - 1087
- Sverker D.ä. Sverkersätten King Of NN Sweden, King of Sweden 1100 - 1156
- Herrauðr King Of Sweden Götaland 750 - 765
- ÁrpÁd(házi) Sophia Princess Of Obotrites Sweden, Princess of Sweden ? - 995
- Björn At Haugi King Of Sweden ? - 803