Latest photos on AncientFaces
No one from the Zerbst community has shared photos. Here are new photos on AncientFaces:
Zerbst Surname History
The family history of the Zerbst last name is maintained by the AncientFaces community. Join the community by adding to to this genealogy of the Zerbst:
- Zerbst family history
- Zerbst country of origin, nationality, & ethnicity
- Zerbst last name meaning & etymology
- Zerbst spelling & pronunciation
- genealogy and family tree
Zerbst Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
No one has submitted information on Zerbst country of origin, nationality, or ethnicity. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the Zerbst country of origin. The following is speculative information about Zerbst. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The nationality of Zerbst can be very difficult to determine because countries change over time, leaving the original nationality a mystery. The original ethnicity of Zerbst may be difficult to determine as result of whether the family name came in to being organically and independently in various locales; e.g. in the case of names that come from professions, which can appear in multiple regions independently (such as the last name "Archer" which was given to people who were bowmen).
Zerbst Meaning & Etymology
No one has submitted information on Zerbst meaning and etymology. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about the meaning of Zerbst. The following is speculative information about Zerbst. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The meaning of Zerbst come may come from a craft, such as the name "Gardener" which was given to people of that profession. Some of these craft-based family names can be a profession in another language. This is why it is useful to understand the country of origin of a name, and the languages spoken by its family members. Many modern names like Zerbst originate from religious texts like the Bhagavadgītā, the Bible, the Quran, and so forth. Often these names relate to a religious phrase such as "Lamb of God".
Zerbst Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
No one has added information on Zerbst spellings or pronunciations. Add to this section
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Zerbst. The following is speculative information about Zerbst. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
In early history when few people could write, names such as Zerbst were transcribed based on how they sounded when people's names were recorded in official records. This could have led to misspellings of Zerbst. Family names like Zerbst change in spelling and pronunciation as they travel across tribes, family lines, and countries over time. Knowing misspellings and spelling variations of the Zerbst name are important to understanding the etymology of the name.
Last names similar to ZerbstZerbster, Zerbstmann, Zerb Udo, Zerbulio, Zerbunke, Zerburowski, Zerbus, Zerby, Zercerling, Zercert, Zercgynski, Zerch, Zercha, Zerchak, Zerchan, Zerchapl, Zerche, Zercheik, Zerchel, Zercher
Zerbst Family Tree
Here are a few of the Zerbst genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Zerbsts
- Wilhelm Prinz Von Anhalt, Askanier Anhalt-Zerbst 1730 - 1742
- Auguste Prinzessin Von Anhalt Anhalt-Zerbst 1736 - 1736
- Elisabeth Ulrike Prinzessin Von Anhalt Anhalt-Zerbst 1742 - 1745
- Agnes Hedwig Von Anhalt-Zerbst Herzogin Zu Anhalt-Zerbst Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg, Herzogin Zu Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg 1573 - 1616
- Maria Von Anhalt Zerbst 1538 - 1563
- Elisabeth Princess of Anhalt-Zerbst 1545 - 1574
- Fürst Johann I Von Fürst Von Anhalt-Zerbst Anhalt-Zerbst, Fürst Von Anhalt-Zerbst 1345 - 1380
- Duke Albrecht Iii of Anhalt-Zerbst 1330 - 1359
- Agnes of Anhalt-Zerbst 1332 - 1381
- Jutta of Anhalt-Zerbst 1333 - 1352