(L to R) 1. Cora Jane HEFNER STRONG (Child) 2. Olive Asenyth WRIGHT HEFNER 3. Jewell "Jack" Marion HEFNER Jr. (Child) 4. Judge William WRIGHT 5. Jane P. HOSEY WRIGHT 6. Cyreneus Judge "Charlie" WRIGHT // Photo: abt 1929 - McIntosh County, Oklahoma
Isaac Monroe CRAIG Sr. & Fannie HOSEY CRAIG
Isaac Monroe CRAIG Sr.
Birth: 19 JAN 1860 in Marshall County, Alabama
Death: 22 APR 1929 in Gypsy, Creek County, Oklahoma
Father: Pleasant Irvin CRAIG b. 11 SEP 1833 in Jackson County, Alabama
Mother: Elizabeth WRIGHT b. ABT 1836 in Alabama
Birth: 6 APR 1868 in Jasper County, Mississippi
Death: 19 AUG 1931 in Gypsy, Ofuskee County, Oklahoma
Father: Hezekiah "Kye" HOSEY Sr. b. 6 NOV 1815 in Ellisville, Jones County, Mississippi
Mother: Nancy Jane GRANTHAM b. 21 MAR 1835 in Perry Co Mississippi
Marriage: 20 AUG 1884 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
Burial: Hosey Cemetery, Creek County, Oklahoma
1. Charles Pleasant CRAIG b. 12 SEP 1887 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
2. Beulah Mary CRAIG b. 31 DEC 1888 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
3. Murphy Floyd CRAIG b. 4 SEP 1890 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
4. Laura Alice CRAIG b. 4 OCT 1892 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
5. Isaac Monroe CRAIG Jr. b. 8 SEP 1894 in Mena ,Polk County, Arkansas
6. Lillie Iona CRAIG b. 4 FEB 1896 in Mena, Polk County, Arkansas
7. Lula Ova CRAIG b. 19 FEB 1898 in Stroud, Lincoln County, Indian Territory, Oklahoma
8. Lottie Louisa CRAIG b. 22 APR 1901 in Stroud, Lincoln County, Oklahoma
9. Virginia Mae CRAIG b. 14 MAY 1903 in Paden, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma
10. Dollie Agnes CRAIG b. 9 AUG 1905 in Paden, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma
11. William Hosey CRAIG b. 1 FEB 1907 in Micawber, Okfuskee, Oklahoma
12. Amer Franklin CRAIG b. 2 APR 1910 in Micawber, Okfuskee, Oklahoma
13. Edith Heddie CRAIG b. 3 MAY 1913 in Micawbar,Okfuskee County, Oklahoma
Margie Statisie GRISSOM LANDRUM
Birth: 12 SEP 1879 in Lauderdale, Alabama
Death: 15 SEP 1956 in Live Oak County, Texas
Father: Eaton S. GRISSOM b: 24 SEP 1829 in Alabama
Mother: Mary Angeline PICKENS b: 12 MAR 1833 in Alabama
Marriage: Charles Layfette LANDRUM b: JAN 1872 in Alabama
Mother and children - Arthur Allen MOORE Jr. - Anna Florence WRIGHT (mother) - Carol Jeanne MOORE CLAYTON
Found in an antique shop - Salem, OR I do not have to original any longer ... snt to historian in Madison County, Iowa.
Taken on the WRIGHT family farm...Qtr Section of land via Creek Indian Dawes Commission...south of Checotah, OK
Great Great Grandchildren of Isaac "Ike" HOSEY & Harriett DePRIEST HOSEY that lived north of Paden (south of Stroud), Oklahoma in the late 1800's. Via their daughter Jane P. HOSEY WRIGHT via Anna Florence WRIGHT MOORE, Cora Adeline WRIGHT GREER // Pictured: Marilyn Ruth CURREN b. 10 APR 1939, Mary Louise CURREN b. 13 DEC 1937, Carolyn Sue CLAYTON b. 22 SEP 1941, Johnny Marion CURREN, Jr b. 17 MAR 1940, William "Bill" Michael CURREN b. 8 SEP 1944, Serena Ann CLAYTON b. 19 OCT 1945 , Arthur "Art" Allen MOORE III b. 4 MAR 1947
Note written by Jane P. HOSEY WRIGHT in Checotah, Oklahoma dated November 7, 1966
"I, Jane Hosey Wright, was born in Mississippi, September 13, 1876. I am now 90 years old. My father was Isaac Hosey. My mother was Harriette DePriest. All born in Mississippi. Come to Oklahoma when I was 13 years old in 1889. If I remember right, C. J. Wright, my husband, was born in Indiana. His father moved to Stringtown. Stringtown, Oklahoma, is south of McAlester, Oklahoma. I don't know just how many miles. Not far, tho. And Charles (that is my husband, or was before he died in 1941) rode a horse through Indiana to Stringtown. He rode through Fisher Town and through Eufaula. Somehow he got to know my uncle (Mother's sister's husband, Pat Simpson) He would stop and stay with them for a month at a time and there is where I first met him. His name was not Charlie. It was Cyreneus Judge, I can't spell "Cyreneus". He did not like his name so every one called him Charlie. He had one whole brother (that sounds funny "whole brother") George Wright, and Alva was George's oldest son, my son's cousin. There are several children. Just one of George's children living -- son, Roy Wright, lives in Warner, Okla, 12 miles east of here. He is near 80. He came to see me a year ago. His wife is dead and been dead about 40 years. Roy never married any more." ***** Cyreneus Judge "Charlie" WRIGHT
Father: Alpheus WRIGHT b: 19 FEB 1826 in Indiana (Likely Henry County)
Mother: Huldah RATLIFF b: 25 DEC 1829 in Henry County, Indiana
Marriage: Jane P. HOSEY b: 13 SEP 1876 in Jasper County, Mississippi
Married: 25 NOV 1891 in Standing Rock, Indian Territory Oklahoma
Anna Florence WRIGHT b: 1 JAN 1893 in McIntosh County, Indian Territory, Oklahoma
Judge William WRIGHT b: 10 FEB 1896 in Oklahoma
Cora Adeline WRIGHT b: 22 JAN 1898 in Oklahoma
Olive Asenyth WRIGHT b: 16 MAR 1902 in Checotah, McIntosh County, Oklahoma
Arthur Allen MOORE Jr., was born July 31, 1919 in Joplin, Missouri and died December 13, 1994 in Bakersfield, Kern County, California. He married Constance "Connie" Aline BRYANT April 18, 1943 in Taft , Kern County, California. She was born April 6, 1921 in Paragould, Greene County, Arkansas and died in Bakersfield, Kern County, California, daughter of Thomas Franklin BRYANT and Valrey Iness PARISH.
Other events in the life of Arthur Allen MOORE Jr.
Burial : Greenlawn Cemetery, Bakersfield, CA
Military : U.S. Army 1940 - Discharged due to poor vision.
Employed : Richfield Oil Corporation, Bakersfield, CA -- 18 years
Health : Never drove a car due to retinitis pigmentosa.
Religion : Bakersfield First Church of the Nazarene
Fact 1 : Listed on 1971 Creek Indian Census #10686
Social Security Number : 545-18-6573
Other events in the life of Constance "Connie" Aline BRYANT
Religion : Members: Bakersfield 1st Church of the Nazarene
Occupation : Worked 18 years at Brock's Dept Store in Bakersfield.
Children of Arthur Allen MOORE Jr. and Constance "Connie" Aline BRYANT:
1. Arthur "Art" Allen MOORE III was born March 4, 1947 in Oildale (Bakersfield), Kern County, California USA (Children: Cinda, Keith, Ryan)
2. Norma Louise MOORE UNFRIED was born February 11, 1951 in Bakersfield, Kern County, California. (Children: Josh, Jermiah)
Charles Pening BRYANT was born August 7, 1847 in Tennessee and died February 8, 1905 in Peach Orchard, Clay County, Arkansas. He married Sarah Jane PURVIS December 31, 1868 in Huntington, Carroll County, Tennessee. She was born June 29, 1843 in Henry County, Tennessee and died May 21, 1922 in Paragould, Greene County, Arkansas, daughter of William (PERVIS) PURVIS and Unknown Maiden Name PURVIS. Events in the life of Charles Pening BRYANT
Military : Private, D Company, 7th Tennessee Cavalry / Confederate
Military : Enlisted: 6 September 1862 in Knoxville, TN Discharged: 22 June 1868 Military : Prisoner of War captured at Trenton, TN on Dec 20 1862.
Events in the life of Sarah Jane PURVIS
Residence : Residance at time of death: 309 E. Main Street, Paragould, AR
Children of Charles Pening BRYANT and Sarah Jane PURVIS:
1. Thomas Franklin BRYANT was born May 29, 1882 in Tennessee and died February 8, 1963 in Pasadena, Los Angeles County, California. (arried Valrey Iness PARISH)
2. Charles Earnest BRYANT3 was born September 11, 1876 in Trenton, Carroll County, Tennessee and died December 18, 1936 / 6:07 am in Bakersfield, Kern County , California.
3. John Wilson BRYANT was born November 17, 1870.
4. Katie Elizabeth BRYANT was born March 10, 1879 in Tennessee and died July 26, 1970 in Taft, Kern County, California.
5. Ethel Blanche BRYANT was born October 19, 1886.
6. William "Will" Joseph BRYANT was born November 4, 1873 in Tennessee. Help me identify others in this picture. Write: Art moore, 1839 W. 39th Ave. Kennewick WA 99337 email@example.com