Hession Family History
Hession Surname History
According to one branch of the Hession family, the family originated in Ireland and the name was originally "Ua Oissin" or "O hoisin", which means "descendant of Oisin, the little deer."
Hession is an Irish name predominately found in Connaught mainly in Co Galway and Co MAyo in the West of Ireland. Originally Ua Oissin or O h,Óisin, the name was held by the first Archbishop of Tuam Aedh Ua Oissin. He was previously abbot of the Monestery of St Jarlath at Tuam, and was responsible for the High Cross that is still found there. He was made archbishop in 1152.
Hession country of origin
At least one branch of the Hession family originated in Ireland.
Meaning of the last name Hession
Hession is an anglicization of "O h Óisin" which means descendant of Óisin, the little deer. In Legend Óisin was the name of the poet of the Fianna, and the son of Fionn McCumhall.
- William J Hession 1896 - 1976
- K E Hession 1888 - 1966
- Thomas Hession 1892 - 1963
- John J Hession 1919 - 1995
- M ann Hession 1928 - 2009
- Martin Hession 1918 - 1970
- Gertrude L Hession 1897 - 1992
- Joseph W Hession 1897 - 1989
- Edward Hession 1912 - 1974
- John A Hession 1941 - 2007
- Mary Hession 1890 - 1978
- James Hession 1909 - 1977
- Daniel Hession 1905 - 1970
- Dorothy E Hession 1916 - 1987
- Leo J Hession 1924 - 2002
- Katherine E Hession 1956 - 1998
- Diane Hession 1964 - 2011
- John Hession 1902 - 1968
- David J Hession 1924 - 1999
- John Hession 1892 - 1969
Hession Family Tree
Famous people named Hession
Paul Hession world class athelete, Athenry Co Galway.
Jess Hession USA
Nationality and Ethnicity of Hession
At least one branch of the Hession family is Irish.
More about the name Hession
Fun facts about the Hession family
We have no fun facts about Hession. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Hession spelling variations