Howie Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Howies by their first name:
- Ada Howie to Amy Howie
- Anderson Howie to Belle Howie
- Ben Howie to Brice Howie
- Bridget Howie to Charline Howie
- Charlotte Howie to Cora Howie
- Corrie Howie to Dora Howie
- Doreen Howie to Elizabeth Howie
- Ella Howie to Etta Howie
- Eugene Howie to Gary Howie
- Gavin Howie to Gulbin Howie
- Guy Howie to Hettie Howie
- Hilda Howie to Isabelle Howie
- Isbla Howie to Jessie Howie
- Jewell Howie to Julius Howie
- Jw Howie to Le Howie
- Lefoye Howie to Loren Howie
- Loretta Howie to Madelin Howie
- Madeline Howie to Marylou Howie
- Matda Howie to Michel Howie
- Mihaela Howie to Nancy Howie
- Nannie Howie to Osbin Howie
- Oscar Howie to Ray Howie
- Raymond Howie to Rufus Howie
- Russell Howie to Steade Howie
- Steph Howie to Vere Howie
- Verona Howie to Whitson Howie
- Wilbur Howie to Zimmer Howie
Most Common First Names
- Robert 4.8%
- William 4.8%
- John 4.6%
- James 4.2%
- Mary 2.3%
- Thomas 2.2%
- Charles 1.9%
- Howie 1.6%
- David 1.1%
- Margaret 1.0%
Howie Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Howie family.
Howie Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 1,864 people with the last name Howie that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Howie family on AncientFaces.
Posted on : 1990
Dear relations of his, friends, readers I give below what was written although not fully do I describe as it was not legible for paper being old and torn.
Forsooth, the codicil was found by me and passed on to one of his friends and was prepared by him in presence of a lawyer and his relations.
(lawyer's name and relations' name is not disclosed)
It reads: Mr. A.N. Howie arrived in town of Bulsar not before 1940's after completing his education.He wanted to quit India and his elder sister
Mary Euphemia wanted to come India from UK to take him along with her but something went wrong. He had on option left but to get married
to lady named Shanta. He bought here a small piece and parcel of land to construct a villa and named it Laxmi Villa. It is said he lend this name
to his cottage thanks to his birthplace Lakhimpur which derives from a word "Laxmi" (Lakshmi) and also for commemoration.
Withal, his father William Howie was a Tea Planter in Lakhimpur district of Assam...he wedded here...they were all British nationality...few paragraphs were
related to the onwership and wanted his property to pass down to their children of first wife Shanta....Much more is written but unable to recall...
Any person or party trying to encroach and tresspass on the said property will be dealt in accord with law...In addition to this the document also
described about not altering it. Any changes made therein shall be made except by the onwer/author only...infringement
liable to a penalty such as imprisionment or fine.
I tried to put whatever I remembered............thanks
For the welfare of the Howies.....