Kaepernick Family History
Kaepernick Surname History
One famous member of the Kaepernick family is Colin Rand Kaepernick, quarterback for the football team the San Francisco 49ers (see more under "famous people named Kaepernick" below or on the Colin Kaepernick page). According to one source, the surname Kaepernick could be derived from or related to the surname Copernicus. According to Kaepernick family researchers, the family seems to have originated in Germany and members of the family have emigrated to both the United States and Australia - although there may be other branches of the Kaepernick family in other parts of the world. Wilhelm Kaepernick (from Prussia) and H. Kaepernick (from Germany) emigrated to the United States in the 1860's. There are many spelling variations of the surname Kaepernick, some of which are Kapernick (in Germany, with an umlaut over the "a), Kabernick, Kacbernick, Kpernick, Keibernick, Kepernick, and Koopernick.
No content has been submitted here about Kaepernick. The following is speculative information about Kaepernick. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
The evolution of Kaepernick starts at it's earliest origins. Even in the early generations of a name there have been different spellings of that name purely because last names were infrequently written down that long ago.
As families, tribes, and clans emigrated between countries, the Kaepernick name may have changed with them. It was not uncommon for a surname to change as it enters a new country or language. Kaepernick ancestors have moved around the world all throughout history.
Kaepernick country of origin
According to Kaepernick family researchers, the Kaepernick family seems to have originated in Germany. The surname Kaepernick (even in Germany) seems to have been spelled in a variety of ways and also sometimes changed with the emigration of the family. Kaepernicks emigrated to the United States and Australia and perhaps to other areas of the world that are as yet unreported. If you have more information on the origin or emigration of the Kaepernick family, please share it here.
Meaning of the last name Kaepernick
The surname Kaepernick could have been derived from or could be related to Copernicus. It sounds rural and Germanic but could equally well be from Eastern Europe. Just a hunch by an old polyglot European!
- Flossie Kaepernick 1899 - 1977
- Ernst Kaepernick 1899 - 1983
- Alvin Kaepernick 1916 - 1979
- Lauretta Kaepernick 1904 - 1987
- Marvin D Kaepernick 1928 - 2005
- Carla M Kaepernick 1911 - 2001
- Alfons H Kaepernick 1914 - 1994
- Blanche Kaepernick 1897 - 1978
- Albert Kaepernick 1871 - 1973
- F Kaepernick 1898 - 1987
- Millie Kaepernick 1899 - 1986
- Clara A Kaepernick 1906 - 1994
- Bernice Kaepernick 1916 - 1978
- Colin Rand Kaepernick 1987 - present
- Duaine L Kaepernick 1932 - 1994
- Reinhold Kaepernick 1899 - 1974
- Albert Kaepernick 1902 - 1982
Kaepernick Family Tree
Famous people named Kaepernick
Famous members of the Kaepernick family:
- Colin Rand Kaepernick (born November 3, 1987). Currently quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers football team, he was drafted by the 49ers in April 2011. He played college football for the University of Nevada, Reno.
Nationality and Ethnicity of Kaepernick
At least some branches of the Kaepernick family are German, although there are American and Australian branches of the family as well.
More about the name Kaepernick
Fun facts about the Kaepernick family
- Wilhelm Christian Kaepernik, from Prussia, was a laborer who emigrated to the United States in 1867.
- H. Kaepernick, from Germany, was a farmer who emigrated to the United States in 1865
Kaepernick spelling variations
The surname Kaepernick has been spelled in a variety of ways since the 1700's. This may be due to phonetic spelling of the pronunciation of the name. Some of these variations were Kapernick (with an umlaut over the "a" in Germany), Kabernick, Kacbernick, Kpernick, Keibernick, Kepernick, and Koopernick.