Latest Tartaglini photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Tartaglini community on AncientFaces.
Find Tartaglini Biographies
Use the links below to find biographies of Tartaglinis by their first name.
Tartaglini Surname History
The Tartaglini family originates with the Ancient Etruscans, and later the Ancient Romans, who lived in and established modern Italy. Also, there is a possibility of part of the family being related to the famoues poet, Ovid.
The Tartaglinis have moved around a lot, thus the name has changed and has many spelling variations (see the section on spelling variations below). A large portion of the family lives in two different countries: Italy and the USA. In Italy, the family is mostly if not completely in the Southern half, particularly in the areas Sulmona and Naples. In the US, the family is mostly in the Northeast, such as Boston and New York, but smaller portions of the family live in Kansas and Colorado (as far as I know).
I have found many Ellis Island records on the first Tartaglinis to pioneer across the North Atlantic from Naples and Sulmona to the shores of New York. Here are a few names, ages, and years of arrival: Adelina Tartaglini, age 21, arrived in 1905 from Seilmona; Alfredo Tartaglini, age 18, arrived in 1914 from Sulmona; Andrea Tartaglini, age 7, arrived in 1913 from Sulmona; Constantino, age 18, arrived in 1905 from Sulmona; Emilia Tartaglini, age 31, arrived in 1908 from Aguila. (More information on these people and others with similar names and spelling variations of Tartaglini is available here: http://www.ellisisland.org/search/matchMore.asp?LNM=TARTAGLINI&PLNM=TARTAGLINI&first_kind=1&kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1 .)
A few Tartaglinis also participated in World War 2. I believe that it was my great grandfather (father of Antionetta Tartaglini) who used to blow up bridges in Nazi Germany. He was caught twice by the Nazis: the first time he was let go becuase they didn't know who he was and if he did the bombing or not, but the second time they sent him off to a concentration camp. By the end of the war, he was only 80 pounds when the surviving prisoners at the concentration camps were released, and he lived to tell the tale.
Although being a Tartaglini myself, it's hard to uncover a lot of family history due to dead older relatives who had key information and the constant changing of surnames as people get married/divorced. The family is constantly growing and changing, and if anyone has something new about the family, I would love to hear it. It is known that the Tartaglini family originated in the area that is now Italy and that the surname Tartaglini may translate as "stutterer" or "hard iron." Many "fun facts" about the Targalini family as well as some famous family members and more on the history of the Tartaglini family may be found by reading on.
Leave a message to start a discussion about the Tartaglini family with other users.
Tartaglini Family Tree
Here are a few of the Tartaglini genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Tartaglinis
- Philip J Tartaglini born 1921
- Louis Tartaglini born 1914
- Andrew Tartaglini born 1905
- Norber Tartaglini born 1909
- Matild Tartaglini born 1906
- Joseph Tartaglini born 1908
- Alfred Tartaglini born 1909
- Teresa C Tartaglini
- Matilda Tartaglini
- Ida Tartaglini
Famous People named Tartaglini
- Flavia Tartaglini won multiple gold medals in the Olympics for Wind-Sailing.
- Elena Tartaglini is a semi-famous biochemist who wrote a few notable articles that can be found at this link: http://www.nextbio.com/b/search/author/E%20Tartaglini
- Sandra Maguire and Donna Musto (maiden names are Tartaglini) founded the succesful resturaunt in downtown Boston, Trattoria Andiamo, that is still in business today.
- Aldo J. Tartaglini (1961-N/A), PhD, is reknowned in writing many articles on psychology and does important work in Colorado for multiple organizations like the police and the fire department.
Tartaglini Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
Tartaglini Meaning & Etymology
Tartaglini Life Expectancy
According to our database of 17 people with the last name Tartaglini that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the oldest members of the Tartaglini family on AncientFaces.
These are the longest-lived members of the Tartaglini family on AncientFaces.
- Louis Tartaglini lived 90 years
- Betty L Tartaglini lived 83 years
- Panfilo Tartaglini lived 81 years
- Louis J Tartaglini lived 90 years
- Panfilo Tartaglini lived 81 years
- Lillian Tartaglini lived 97 years
- John Tartaglini lived 94 years
- Philip J Tartaglini lived 69 years
- Cecilia Tartaglini lived 34 years
- Aug'ineLB Tartaglini lived 1 years
Most Common Tartaglini First Names
According to our database of 29 people with the last name Tartaglini that have a first name listed, these are the most common first names:
- Philip 10.3%
- Louis 10.3%
- Panfilo 6.9%
- Matilda 3.4%
- Ida 3.4%
- Bettina 3.4%
- Teresa 3.4%
- Joseph 3.4%
- Andrew 3.4%
- Norber 3.4%
- Matild 3.4%
- Maria 3.4%
- Alfred 3.4%
- Aug'inelb 3.4%
- John 3.4%
- Lillian 3.4%
- Aldo 3.4%
- Betty 3.4%
- Rosanne 3.4%
- Antoinetta 3.4%
- Augustin 3.4%
- Alfredo 3.4%
- Elena 3.4%
- Cecilia 3.4%
Tartaglini Pronunciation & Spelling Variations