Threlkeld Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Find records of Threlkelds by their first name:
- Ada Threlkeld to Andre Threlkeld
- Andrea Threlkeld to Berenice Threlkeld
- Bertha Threlkeld to Carlesture Threlkeld
- Carole Threlkeld to Colin Threlkeld
- Columbus Threlkeld to Dorothy Threlkeld
- Dorsey Threlkeld to Ena Threlkeld
- Enola Threlkeld to Frank Threlkeld
- Franklin Threlkeld to Hala Threlkeld
- Harold Threlkeld to Isabell Threlkeld
- Iva Threlkeld to Jimmy Threlkeld
- Joan Threlkeld to Kevin Threlkeld
- Kimberly Threlkeld to Lilian Threlkeld
- Lillian Threlkeld to Lucy Threlkeld
- Lucylle Threlkeld to Maruin Threlkeld
- Marvin Threlkeld to Nancy Threlkeld
- Nannie Threlkeld to Owen Threlkeld
- Ozzie Threlkeld to Robert Threlkeld
- Roberta Threlkeld to Sara Threlkeld
- Sarah Threlkeld to Thaddius Threlkeld
- Theodore Threlkeld to Vicky Threlkeld
- Victor Threlkeld to Ws Threlkeld
- Ww Threlkeld to Zula Threlkeld
Most Common First Names
- William 4.9%
- James 2.9%
- Robert 2.8%
- Mary 2.3%
- John 2.2%
- Charles 2.0%
- George 1.5%
- Thomas 1.5%
- Roy 1.2%
- David 1.0%
Threlkeld Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Threlkeld family.
- Lancelot Threlkeld Esquire of Threlkeld Torworth, Esquire of Torworth born 1435
- John Threlkeld born 1463
- Henry Threlkeld born 1484
- Jessie Threlkeld born 1810
- John Threlkeld born 1328
- William Threlkeld born 1841
- Alice De Huddlestone Threlkeld born 1330
- Jane "Joan" Threlkeld born 1463
- Grace Threlkeld born 1494
- Elizabeth Ratcliff Threlkeld born 1462
Threlkeld Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 1,062 people with the last name Threlkeld that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Threlkeld family on AncientFaces.
- Amber M Threlkeld lived 105 years
- Therissa Threlkeld lived 101 years
- Eva Threlkeld lived 101 years
- Elmer Threlkeld lived 99 years
- Kenneth Threlkeld lived 100 years
- Loraine Threlkeld lived 99 years
- Everett R Threlkeld lived 98 years
- Vowyla Threlkeld lived 97 years
- Lotus Threlkeld lived 96 years
- John Threlkeld lived 97 years
My great-great Grandmother was Elizabeth,born 1829, the eldest daughter of John Threlkeld and his wife Jane who owned a farm in Kirkoswald, Cumberland. At about the age of 16, Elizabeth fell in love with her father's coachman, William Fleming, who was 8 years her senior. Her father disaproved of the match because he did not feel that William was good enough for his daughter so, in 1846 the couple ran away together, taking her father's coach. It is thought that they were taking the Carlisle road towards Gretna Green to marry, but they didn't make it as it is believed that her father caught up with them. Still not having been able to marry, the pair settled down in Staffield, a village close to the Threlkeld farm and they stayed there for several years, having 11 children in total.In the late 1870s the whole family moved to Darwen, a mill town in Lancashire. William bought some horses and set up a carting business. As John died in 1775, it is supposed that Elizabeth may have inherited a part of her father's estate, which gave them the opportunity to move away from Cumberland. It seems that John and Jane had a disagreement about Elizabeth's fate, since they were at one time living apart, each declaring themselves to be widowed! The story is that John was a very hard man and had little more to do with Elizabeth because of the scandal she had caused, whilst Jane was very unhappy about this situation. (Elizabeth named their first daughter Jane after her mother) Elizabeth and William remained in Lancashire happily until their deaths in 1893 and 1904 respectively. Their youngest son, Joseph b1870, was my great grandfather.
Samuel married Elizabeth in MD then traveled to MO where he purchased land, and returned to bring his family west. A pioneer settler of the county among the Indians and wolves. He died in 1821. Elizabeth died in 1835.
Henry T. was a leader in one of the earliest Indian Wars commanding a regiment of militia. He was a leading lawyer in his state. Eventually moving to New Orleans where he became surveyor-general of Louisiana. He died in 1859.
Thomas B. was prominently connected to the government Indian Service. and died of a cold while escorting Indians to Iowa.
Eliza was married 3 times, first to Dr.John Holman, next to Nathaniel Patton who published the first newspaper west of St Louis the 'Missouri Intelligencer'. He died in St Charles in 1837. Finally she married Major Wilson Overall. She died in 1878.
Harriet married Rev. R N Kelly, a leading Methodist minister and a pioneer editor in Liberty, MO. He died in 1840. Harriet then married John Boyd of Montgomery Co. She died in 1877.
John Peter became a leading planter in Chariton Co. He owned 3300 acres of land and raised annually from 30,000 to 50,000 pounds of tobacco and hemp. He also owned 25 Negroes. He also ran a large saw mill and grist mill on the Chariton River. He married twice, first to Miss Amanda Williams and had 8 children. Then to Polly Watts and had 4 more children
Of John's children by his 1st marriage was John Peter Jr. who would father one William E Williams, who would then sire 9 children Boyd Williams. and Virgil H Williams my grandfather.
I will gladly provide all of the family information in detail for those of you to whom I am related.