Latest Viellard photos
These photos were uploaded by members of the Viellard community on AncientFaces.
Viellard Surname History
According to one branch of the Viellard family, the family's origins are in France. The surname Viellard literally means "strong willed" and has evolved into the surname Willard. The family is now mostly found, known as Willard, in the United Kingdom. If you have more information about the Viellard family, please add it to this page.
Viellard Country of Origin, Nationality, & Ethnicity
Viellard Meaning & Etymology
Viellard Pronunciation & Spelling Variations
Last names similar to ViellardViellaret Viellart Viellat Viellaton Vielle Viellear Vielle-carré Viellecaze Viellecazes Vielle charles Viellecheze Viellechner Vielleden Vielledent Viellee Viellefault Viellefaux Viellefon Viellefond Viellefont
Viellard Family Tree
Here are a few of the Viellard genealogies shared by AncientFaces users. Click here to see more Viellards
- Paulette Viellard 1914 - 1995
- Maria Viellard 1889 - 1977
- U Viellard
- Nicolas Adolphe Eleonor Viellard
- Francois Viellard
- Catherine Viellard died 1871
- Catherine Viellard
- Charles François Viellard
- Edouard Viellard
- Edouard Léon Viellard
Famous People named Viellard
- In 1066 The Baron Viellard joined William the Conqueror on the invasion of England, He was rewarded with estates known today as Eastbourne East Sussex. There are records of him being at Rye East Sussex and the area around Hastings and Bexhill has many family members. The surname was written after that time as Willard as that is how it was pronounced. There are numerous Coats of Arms granted in England all depicting the Family Crest which is a debodied Griffin Head on top of the Armour head and the shield always has three flaggons of wine on the shield as well as pike heads (spear heads). The shield is usually flanked with oak leaves and under the shield is the family motto in ancient French "Gaudet Pattentia Duris" which I understand to translate as "Patience Endures Hardship" or "Through Hardship We Endure"