Charles Lewis Cady grave stone
Charles Lewis Cady
Born 28 Jul 1791 in Brookfield, Worcester Co, Massachusetts
He was the son of Stoddard Brimfield Cady, who was a Revolutionary War Patriot and Abigail Marsh
He died 20 Sep 1874 in Flushing, Genesee Co., Michigan
He was married twice, both of his wives first names were Sarah.
Not much is know on his first wife Sarah, we do not know her last name. We believe she was born 1796 in Rhode Island. With his first wife he had 1 child that we have been able to verify.
1. Ervin Cady, also know as Irvin born 21 Dec 1825 in New York. Charles is buried in the same plot in the Flushing Cemetery, Genesee Co., Michigan with Ervin and his family. Charles is identified as the father of Ervin on Ervin’s death certificate.
We believe Charles and first wife Sarah had the following children also
1. James P. Cady born 1815 in New York
2. Charles L. Cady born 19 Sep 1824 Buffalo, New York (famous as 2nd party rescuer Donner Party)
3. Henry Cady born 07 Nov 1827 Erie County, New York
4. Deborah Cady born 1838 New York
We do not know the marriage date of Charles to Sarah Jacobs, his second wife, but believed to be about 1840 in Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA We know of two natural children 1. Ellen Mariah Elenor Alice Cady born 23 Oct 1847 in Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA 2. David Cady born Jan 1850 Uniontown, Fayette Co., PA We believe she and Charles had an adopted daughter 1. Margaret J. Beall (Cady) also known as Martha and Mattie.
Information about Sarah Jacobs Cady, second wife of Charles is under her gave stone picture.
- Album: All photos