Ritter Family History
Ritter Surname History
The Ritter family is from the Alsace-Lorraine area of Germany. The name Ritter means "Knight" in German and two famous family members are "Tex" Ritter (country singer) and his son John Ritter (actor).
Ritter is the German word for Knight and stems from German nobility. The "Ritters" were a low status in the nobel class tending to animals including dogs.
Ritter country of origin
The Ritter family is from Germany (the Alsace-Lorraine area).
Meaning of the last name Ritter
Ritter means "Knight" in German.
- Stella Dorothy Ritter
- FRANK & AMERICA (REFFETT) RITTER
- Martha Samantha Lewis Ritter 1875 - 1952
- Anna Ritter 1802 - 1864
- Mary E. Ritter
- Tyler Ritter
- Sue (Ritter) Irby 1890 - ?
- John Thompson Ritter
- Henrietta (Rompel-Fries) K Ritter 1850 - ?
- Thelma L. Ritter 1908 - ?
- Alice Ebie Ritter 1881 - ?
- Jason Morgan Ritter 1980 - present
- Clark L. Ritter 1882 - ?
- Carly Ritter
- Ethel (Munns) Ritter 1896 - ?
- Franklin Ritter 1847 - ?
- Maria Magdalena Ritter 1877 - 1938
- Hermann Von Ritter Goldschmidt 1840 - 1918
- Arthur V. Schnapper 1821 - 1886
Ritter Family Tree
Famous people named Ritter
- Tex Ritter - country singer
- John Ritter - actor (and son of Tex Ritter)
Nationality and Ethnicity of Ritter
This family is German.
More about the name Ritter
Fun facts about the Ritter family
We have no fun facts about Ritter. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Ritter spelling variations
No content has been submitted about alternate spellings of Ritter. The following is speculative information about Ritter. You can submit your information by clicking Edit.
Family names like Ritter vary in their spelling as they travel across tribes, family lines, and eras over the years. In the past, when few people knew how to write, names such as Ritter were written down based on how they were heard by a scribe when people's names were written in government records. This could have given rise misspellings of Ritter. Understanding spelling variations and alternate spellings of the Ritter last name are important to understanding the possible origins of the name.