Workman Family History & Genealogy
Biographies & Family Trees
Workman Last Name History & Origin
Nationality & Ethnicity
These are the earliest records we have of the Workman family.
Workman Death Records & Life Expectancy
According to our database of 10,737 people with the last name Workman that have a birth and death date listed:
These are the longest-lived members of the Workman family on AncientFaces.
- Mary E Workman lived 109 years
- Naomi v Workman lived 105 years
- Lillian G Workman lived 105 years
- Anna Workman lived 105 years
- Edith M Workman lived 104 years
- Myrtle R Workman lived 102 years
- Hilje Workman lived 103 years
- Helen E Workman lived 103 years
- Burl M Workman lived 101 years
- Mary Workman lived 101 years
1. James Workman was born in 1763 in York Pennsylvania. He died on Feb 25 1841.
Soldier in the "Fight for Independence" payroll list of
Pittsburgh, 4 Oct1815, Captain Abraham Teagarden's
company, lists privates William andJames Workman. Romney,
Hampshire Co., Virginia payroll list of CaptainWilliam
Hancher's Company. Private James Workman listed under
SergeantsPatrick Quigly, Reese Bowen and David Wilson.
James married Nancy Hewett . Nancy was born in 1765 in Giles County Virginia. She died on Feb 25 1841 in Logan County Virginia..
They had the following children:
i. Mary Polly Workman was born in 1784 in Giles County Virginia.
ii. James Hewett Workman was born in 1785.
iii. Elizabeth Workman was born in 1787 in Tazewell County Virginia.
Elizabeth married George Mcneely on Jan 3 1812 in Kanawha County,Virginia.
iv. Joseph Workman was born on Jun 26 1790. He died on Aug 17 1879.
v. Abraham Workman was born in 1794.
vi. John Workman was born in 1799. He died in 1850.
vii. Squire T Workman was born in 1804 in Giles County Virginia.
viii. Isaac Workman was born in 1807 in Kanawha County,Virginia.
ix. Hannah Workman was born in 1814. She died in 1867.