Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Views of people and places in Siberia from the George Kennan papers.
- Landscape photographs--1880-1890.
- Photographic prints--1880-1890.
- 1 photographic print.
- Transfer; Manuscript Division (George Kennan Papers); 1973; (DLC/PP-1973:080).
- At the time of Kennan's visit, 169 prisoners were working the mine. This mine was one of several in the Nerchinsk silver mining district, an area of thousands of square miles between the rivers Shilka and Argun, near the Mongolian border.
- Forms part of: George Kennan Papers.