Boys working in Bibb Cotton Mill No. 1, Macon, Ga....
Boys working in Bibb Cotton Mill No. 1, Macon, Ga. Smallest boy--Otto Sheldo--2 yrs. in mill. Next, Jack Bowman--4 yrs. in mill. Next, Clement Olford--5 years in mill gets .75 a day. Next, Lawnie Williams--8 years in mill, gets .65 a day. Next, Henny Potter--2 yrs in mill. Two boys on left hand end are country boys just beginning to work, get 50 cents a day Witness, S.R. Hine. Location: Macon, Georgia.
1 photographic print.
- Title from NCLC caption card.
- Attribution to Hine based on provenance.
- In album: Mills.
- Hine no. 0496.
- Words "gets .75 a day," "gets .65 a day," and "work, get 50 cents a day" are underlined.
- National Child Labor Committee Collection
- Textile mill workers.
- Cotton industry.
- United States--Georgia--Macon.
- Photographic prints.
Photographs from the records of the National Child Labor Committee (U.S.)
Hine, Lewis Wickes, 1874-1940, photographer
- Album: All photos