Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Caroline and Erwin Swann collection of caricature & cartoon (Library of Congress).
Cruikshank, Isaac, 1756?-1811?, engraver
- Cartoons (Commentary)--British--1790-1800.
- 1 print : etching, with watercolor on off-white laid paper ; 38.5 x 26.8 cm. (sheet)
- Imp. London Published by SWFores No 50 Piccadilly June 4 1799-Folios of Caricatures Lent.
- No copyright information found with item.
- Printed above the lawyer: Ah Tom! how are you?
- Printed above the peasant: If the dost no keep off the Farm [sic]-rabbit me if I donna stick thee-thee canst not fetch a La warrant now.
- Printed, lower left: Woodward del; lower right: Cruikshank Sculp.
- The print appears to have been executed after a drawing by George Woodward, but with some variation in design and coloring. See SWANN - no. 757 (A size).
- Bequest and gift; Caroline and Erwin Swann; 1977; (DLC/PP-1977:215.68)
- References: Catalogue of Political and Personal Satires Preserved in the Department of Prints and Drawings in the British Museum, Vol VII 1793-1800 / by Mary Dorothy George. London: Printed by Order of the Trustees, 1942 (entry #9470).
- Exhibited: Graham Gallery, "Cartoon and Comic Strip Art, " 1972.