Hibernian Benevolent Institution, incorporated 1833 /...
Hibernian Benevolent Institution, incorporated 1833 / design and on stone by J. Queen ; P.S. Duval Lith. Philada.
1 print : lithograph ; 45.2 x 39 cm (sheet)
Print shows at center, beneath an eagle perched on an Irish harp, is a woman attending to a sick man as two well-dressed men enter the room; on the left are two horses and a shield above the motto "Virtue Liberty and Independence" and on the right is a tree and at the base are masonic implements and an Irish harp. Below the image is the text: "This is to certify that [blank] was elected a member of the Hibernian Benevolent Institution of Pottsville, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, on the [blank] day of [blank] in the year of our Lord 18[blank]. Attested [blank] Secretary. [blank] President."
- Title from item.
- Stamped in lower left: From the file of James F. Queen artist, 1824-1889.
- Purchase; Marian Carson; 1997; (DLC/PP-1997:105).
- Forms part of: Marian S. Carson collection at the Library of Congress.
- Miscellaneous Items in High Demand
P.S. Duval & Co. , printer
- Fraternal organizations--Pennsylvania--Pottsville--1850-1860.
- Health care--Pennsylvania--Pottsville--1850-1860.
- Sick persons--Pennsylvania--Pottsville--1850-1860.
Queen, James Fuller, 1820 or 21-1886, artist
- Album: All photos