Illustration shows Uncle Sam measuring a rotund man oozing money from his pockets, vest, and hat, he has turned toward "Sec. Bryan" who is recording the measurements. Nearby is a poster advertising ambassadorial positions, it states "Chance to see the world. WANTED. $50,000 men for $17,500 jobs"; the ghost of Benjamin Franklin tells the ghost of Washington Irving that they wouldn't measure up for the position of ambassador in these days.
- Cartoons (Commentary)--1910-1920.
- Offset photomechanical prints--Color--1910-1920.
- Periodical illustrations--1910-1920.
- 1 photomechanical print : offset, color.
- Title from item.
- Caption: Shade of Benjamin Franklin (to Shade of Washington Irving) This is no place for us. We'd never come up to the requirements nowadays.
- Illus. in: Puck, v. 73, no. 1885 (1913 April 16), centerfold.
- Copyright 1913 by Keppler & Schwarzmann.