Martha Morris b 1831 SC
Martha Morris born ca 1831 SC married Henderson Sellers born ca 1825,injured at Chickamauga, GA,dying in hospital in the Civil War -[external link]~scsparta/marthamorris.htm
1. Margaret 1849 died early.
2. Jane Elizabeth 1850 m. Charles Scott. She was named after her grandmother Jane Saultor of Spartanburg SC who came with the wagon train to Shades Valley.
3. Ann 1852
4. James Thomas b. March 1855 d. 1941 m. Passa Watkins
5. Laura Frances b abt Oct 1858 m. Dan Acton Bailey
6. Talulla C. Parthena 1860 m. Mr. Ollie. Talulla was named after Henderson Sellers` aunt Lula Sellers Brantley in Nash Co. NC.
7. William Simpson b.7 Jan. 1863 d. Jun 30, 1890 Sellers Cemetery, Birmingham AL m. Amanda Grace Sims b. 1866. He was named after Martha Morris`s brother left behind in Spartanburg SC.
Martha Sellers found in:
Census Microfilm Records: Alabama, 1910 April 21, house 78
Martha Sellers – mother,80 years old, widow, 7 children, 4 living, b. 1830 SC, parents SC
Lulu Ollie- head b.1863, 47, 2 times widow, 3 children, b. AL
Regina M. Ollie- daughter,13 b.July 1896 AL
Lelia Hardy- daughter, b. JAN: 1891 AL, 18, married 1 year
Willis Hardy- son in law, 23 b. 1887 AL
She cames with her husband and her parents James Morris and Jane Sultor of Spartanbutg SC to Shades Valley in Jefferson Co AL about 1857. They stopped first in Guntersville, AL for less than a year. ... show more