Presidential conferences useless as means to stem...
Presidential conferences useless as means to stem recession. Washington, D.C., March 1. Robert W. Irwin, Grand Rapids, Mich., furniture manufacturer, appearing before the Senate Unemployment and Relief Committee today declared that conferences between the President and business leaders would fail to stem the recession. President Hoover tried the same plan to stem the 1929 depression, but entirely without beneficial results, Irwin added, 3/1/38
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified caption data received with the Harris & Ewing Collection.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch five.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.).
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos