Senators hear women's protest on Roosevelt pump-priming...
Senators hear women's protest on Roosevelt pump-priming program. Washington, D.C., May 13. Fifty women headed by Mrs. Hamilton Wright of New York today invaded the Senate Office Building to protest to members of the Senate Appropriations Committee against President Roosevelt's five billion dollar pump-priming program. The women, who are from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut, said they were not an organization. They are shown as they cornered four senators in the office of Senator Burke of Nebraska. The senators in the photograph [...] Truman of Missouri, Adams of Colorado, Burke of Nebraska, and Bridges of New Hampshire
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified caption data received with the Harris & Ewing Collection.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch six.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.).
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos