St. James' Church, Goose Creek, Berkeley County, South...
St. James' Church, Goose Creek, Berkeley County, South Carolina
1 negative : safety film ; 8 x 10 in.
- Title from photographer's inventory.
- Building/structure dates: 1711.
- Completed in 1719 and replaced what was probably the oldest church in S.C. outside of Charleston. Damaged by earthquake in 1886 and repaired. Restored and repaired in 1931.
- Corresponding reference print in LOT 11840-8.
- Published in: Stoney, Samuel Gaillard, Plantations of the Carolina Low Country. Charleston, S.C.: Carolina Art Association, 1938.
- Forms part of: Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South (Library of Congress).
- Carnegie Survey of the Architecture of the South
- United States--South Carolina--Berkeley County--Goose Creek.
- Doors & doorways.
- Episcopal churches.
- Porticoes (Porches).
- Spanish moss.
- Tombs & sepulchral monuments.
- Safety film negatives.
Johnston, Frances Benjamin, 1864-1952, photographer
- Album: All photos