Treasury, Internal Rev. Chemist G.F. Beyer
Treasury, Internal Rev. Chemist G.F. Beyer ... show more
- Title from unverified data provided by the National Photo Company on the negatives or negative sleeves.
- Date from caption list.
- Caption from caption list: Activities on the Internal Revenue Bureau to enforce prohibition. A Revenue Stamp is a revenue stamp for that, in the eyes of the average bootlegger. The one who sold this half pint bottle for $4.00 used a 1 quart stamp he had steamed off another bottle. This sample which was turned in by a revenue agent contained water colored with burnt sugar.
- Gift; Herbert A. French; 1947.
- This glass negative might show streaks and other blemishes resulting from a natural deterioration in the original coatings.
- Temp. note: Batch one.
- National Photo Company Collection
- Glass negatives.