Unemployment compensation a protection against business...
Unemployment compensation a protection against business recessions. Washington, D.C., Jan. 5. Chairman Arthur J. Altmeyer of the Social Security Board, appearing before the Special Senate Committee investigating unemployment, declared today that the unemployment compensation was the nation's "first line of defense" against business recessions. At the same time he warned the committee that out-of-work remuneration will never prove more than this slight barrier, 1/5/37
1 negative : glass ; 4 x 5 in. or smaller
- Title from unverified caption data received with the Harris & Ewing Collection.
- Gift; Harris & Ewing, Inc. 1955.
- General information about the Harris & Ewing Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.hec
- Temp. note: Batch five.
- Harris & Ewing Collection
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington (D.C.).
- Glass negatives.
Harris & Ewing Collection (Library of Congress)
Harris & Ewing, photographer
- Album: All photos