Account of the Rescue of the Titanic
The handwritten account of the Captain of R.M.S. Carpathia (Capt. Arthur Henry Rostron) describing his response to the distress signal of the Titanic on 15 April 1912. The Carpathia was sunk in World War 1.
- Title and other information transcribed from caption card and item.
- George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).
- Caption card tracings: Ships; Geogr.; Ships Disasters 1912 T-; Ships C-; Shelf.
- Date on item: April 12[?], 1912.
- Bain Collection
- Photographic prints--1910-1920.