Firehouse Station No. 4. Washington, D.C. Firemen sleep in their shirts and socks and when the alarm sounds they jump into their boots which have fireproofed pants attached, slide down the pole, jump onto the truck and are leaving the building within seven seconds
Part of the U.S. Library of Congress's Farm Security Administration - Office of War Information Photograph Collection (Library of Congress).
Parks, Gordon, 1912-2006, photographer
- Safety film negatives.
- 1 negative : safety ; 4 x 5 inches or smaller.
- Title and other information from general caption card for nos. 13823-13846 and caption sheet entry.
- Transfer; United States. Office of War Information. Overseas Picture Division. Washington Division; 1944.
- More information about the FSA/OWI Collection is available at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.fsaowi
- Film copy on SIS roll 5, frame 1426.