[German actress Hedwig Reicher wearing costume of...
[German actress Hedwig Reicher wearing costume of "Columbia" with other suffrage pageant participants standing in background in front of the Treasury Building, March 3, 1913, Washington, D.C.] ... show more
- Title devised by Library staff based on New York Times article, March 3, 1913.
- Caption in the photograph may refer to one of the background figures in veils: "Florence F. Noyes as 'Liberty' in suffrage pageant." The pageant featured an allegory in which Columbia summoned Justice, Charity, Liberty, Pease, and Hope to review the new crusade of women.
- George Grantham Bain Collection (Library of Congress).
- Reference copy in SPECIFIC SUBJ FILE - Women Politics & suffrage.
- Published in: American women : a Library of Congress guide for the study of women's history and culture in the United States / edited by Sheridan Harvey ... [et al.]. Washington : Library of Congress, 2001, p. 33.
- LC-B2-2501-14 deteriorated.
- Bain Collection
- Reicher, Hedwig--Performances--Washington (D.C.)--1910-1920.
- Columbia (Symbolic character)--1910-1920.
- Women--Political activity--Washington (D.C.)--1910-1920.
- Women's suffrage--Washington (D.C.)--1910-1920.
- Pageants--Washington (D.C.)--1910-1920.
- Photographic prints--1910-1920.